Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heart Indicators

chloe.grace14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hi all just wondering if heart shaped indicators are legal in Victoria, they still flash orange but i just to make sure so i dont get defected. Thank you

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s going to be a heart emblazoned Commodore out there somewhere isn’t there.

Heart on the grill instead of the badge.

Heart exhaust tips

Heart indicators

Hearts on the wheel centres

Program the cluster to have a heart on start up.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
There’s going to be a heart emblazoned Commodore out there somewhere isn’t there.

Heart on the grill instead of the badge.

Heart exhaust tips

Heart indicators

Hearts on the wheel centres

Program the cluster to have a heart on start up.
Playing this on repeat.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
illegal unless you get them adr approved
cost was around $500 per light to have tested (in 2000)
Sounds like it would be cheaper to fit them and if and when a defect comes pay $200 to have it lifted, rinse and repeat unto the novelty wears off :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
AFAIK as long as they flash orange they should be ok
Technically all lights need to be ADR/ECE approved to be legal. So unless there is some ADR or ECE compliance mark on the lens or body of the lamp (or a compliance certificate from the manufacture) they are illegal regardless of whether they flash orange :(

So the question then becomes how much do you trust your insurance not to cancel your claim and policy because you smashed into a Ferrari that states they didn’t see your “illegal” indicator :oops:

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Technically all lights need to be ADR/ECE approved to be legal. So unless there is some ADR or ECE compliance mark on the lens or body of the lamp they are illegal regardless of whether they flash orange :(

So the question is how much do you trust your insurance not to cancel your claim and policy because you smash into a Ferrari that claims they didn’t see your “illegal” indicator :oops:
The world is a sad, sad place, we need some more love,. I put green clear vinyl wrap on my indicators and some A hole pulled me over because they didn't flash orange, which they did but with a green tinge, I agree with @losh1971 , put them on and cop it sweep if some asshole pulls you over
EDIT: And if your lucky enough to be hit by a Farrari , good on ya

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I haven't gone right through all the episodes over this cars build, but I do recall this car was engineered to have the 460 badges double as indicators.