Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help install CATCH CAN - L77 VE SS 6L

jacks355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6L L77
This is what it looks like inside. The baffles unscrew, you could put lfuel foam in but was told there is no need, so haven't
If it's catching the sludge it's working fine. Mine also had an internal baffle, I added steel wool from the supermarket for extra vapour filtering, can't hurt for a $1.99

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If it's catching the sludge it's working fine. Mine also had an internal baffle, I added steel wool from the supermarket for extra vapour filtering, can't hurt for a $1.99
The steel wool increases the surface area for the oil mist droplets to condense on.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I'm a fuel foam guy

Even though there is only a small chance that small peices of steel wool could break off and enter the intake, I personally wouldn't use steel wool, even that larger strand stainless steel wool

jacks355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6L L77
I'm a fuel foam guy

Even though there is only a small chance that small peices of steel wool could break off and enter the intake, I personally wouldn't use steel wool, even that larger strand stainless steel wool
I did think about that when i put it in. I washed it before installing and used really long strands of it. The catch can also has baffles with small holes in it, the wool is in the bottom section of the can in the pic. But yeah if I get my hands on some filter media that handles the heat I'll put some in. It gets bloody hot in there.
Screenshot_20220613-124134_Chrome_copy_387x539.jpg

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
I did think about that when i put it in. I washed it before installing and used really long strands of it. The catch can also has baffles with small holes in it, the wool is in the bottom section of the can in the pic. But yeah if I get my hands on some filter media that handles the heat I'll put some in. It gets bloody hot in there. View attachment 238746
With the amount of baffles in that catch can I would not think you would need anything else, looks very well designed. Better than their bloody seats.