Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help install CATCH CAN - L77 VE SS 6L

jacks355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6L L77
If it was me I would connect all 3, heads and valley, to that can, and connect the can to the intake for some vacuum

The less pressure in the crank case the less change of blowing rear main seals
I'd need a 3 piece y connector to do this into the catch can I guess? I have dash 10 connectors so it should be good enough to connect all 3.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I'd need a 3 piece y connector to do this into the catch can I guess? I have dash 10 connectors so it should be good enough to connect all 3.

2 Y,s

Join both heads, then join headline and valve line into TB

As long as it sees a vacuum your golden

jacks355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6L L77
It seems to be at the front where the small curved hose goes back under from the throttle body. I was only looking at it in the manual tonight

*edit 07 beat me to it by “that much”
Think I know the hose/connection your talking about. I have the valley connector blanked off with a red cap, its in the DOD delete valley plate cover, you'll see in my photo I posted later tonight. Not sure where this connects to cause it wasn't in the std valley plate cover before I removed the DOD system.

jacks355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6L L77

Last edited:

jacks355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6L L77
If it was me I would connect all 3, heads and valley, to that can, and connect the can to the intake for some vacuum

The less pressure in the crank case the less change of blowing rear main seals
Hey Ginger Beer, so I hooked up the catch can using the 2 y's. Started the car with the oil filler cap off and there is heaps of vacuum when I put my hand over the engine oil filler hole. Felt like there was way too much vacuum and not sure if that's normal or not?

This is the setup I have:
  1. The both rocker covers and valley plate vent is going into the catch can.
  2. The catch can outlet is going into the Throttle body.
Result is, with oil filler cap off there seems to be lots of vacuum that sucks my hand onto the oil filler - is this normal or not?
Does anyone know if the Gen4 LS has a PCV system and how it works?
Inkedsaas-catch-can-installed_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
You will be fine, dry sumps creates "alot" more vacuum with their scavenger pumps and they dont have issues, apart from making a little more power

https://www.enginebuildermag.com/2012/11/dry-sump-oiling-systems/

For a test disconnect the rear hose, i.e. go back to OEM style, and see if there is a difference.

Test and adjust, vacuum good, pressure bad

You should have a PCV valve on the return to the intake, it flows freely from the crankcase to the intake, the valve stops pressure from the intake going back down the lines to the crankcase

Last edited:

jacks355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6L L77