Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! SC14 running on idle

Sam121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 ltr
Hey guys,

I have a sc14 supercharger installed in my car and for some reason the supercharger is spinning at the idle.Rebuild the supercharger but still the same. Any advice??

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Is this thread a joke or has the lockdown gotten to you?

Sam121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 ltr
I am desperately looking for some help. Thought someone would have the knowledge on sc14 superchargers and might be able share some knowledge. Thank for the encouraging words.

H

harrop.senator

Should be spinning on idle 9/10 all conversions have removed the clutch activated drive pulley. And it'll run constantly with the balancer.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I am desperately looking for some help. Thought someone would have the knowledge on sc14 superchargers and might be able share some knowledge. Thank for the encouraging words.
Maybe start with your symptoms. Are you asking because it's blowing piping off? Are your MAF and T/B in front of or behind the supercharger?

Also, which engine?

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Should be spinning on idle 9/10 all conversions have removed the clutch activated drive pulley. And it'll run constantly with the balancer.

I have a SC14 here and it has the clutch pulley still fitted...Even though it isn't fitted to an engine, I can still spin the pulley freely...So this says to me, fitted to an engine with a belt connected, would mean the pulley would still be spinning.....

Sam121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 ltr
I have a SC14 here and it has the clutch pulley still fitted...Even though it isn't fitted to an engine, I can still spin the pulley freely...So this says to me, fitted to an engine with a belt connected, would mean the pulley would still be spinning.....

thanks. I think I may have entered my question wrongly. The issue is that the clutch automatically turns on even in the idle and runs the supercharger.

Sam121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 ltr
Maybe start with your symptoms. Are you asking because it's blowing piping off? Are your MAF and T/B in front of or behind the supercharger?

Also, which engine?

the issue is supercharger spinning its rotors in idle. For some reason the clutch turns on even in the idle. Because in the idle the supercharger shouldn’t turn on and the pulley should spin freely