Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High flow cats

mickkcim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary Calais V V8
Hey guys, I know this has been asked before but it never really got a definite answer, I have a VE Auto L98 with a 2.5 cat back exhaust and I just put on LS3 headers and cats. I'm trying to work out whether it would be worth getting high flow cats or not, Would I notice the difference or anything?
Cheers.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the hsv headers have the cats on at a near 90 deg angle so any change to smooth that out will help and pretty much any better cats will be an improvement over the factory ones... one the dyno u should see a difference but weather u can feel it yourself is another...

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
I put 200 cell cats on my ss with HSV headers and 2.5 catback and you can notice the difference but the sound change i noticed more as the HSV cats are very restrictive.made it louder and when i got it tuned then you really feel the power increase and response from the throttle.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
As above, it makes it louder and it will flow more. Coupled with a tune is where you will see the best improvement.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I have 100 cell cats and love them.