Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden and HSV Gen IV Engine Number Prefixes

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
And a fourth auction website with numbers, and yet another new prefix for VE...

It's a MY12 VEII Commodore sedan with an engine number of "2AB11278****" but it doesn't specify the transmission?

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been trawling the auction sites for a week now and I've added a few new "broadcast codes" to the list on page 1 but it's slow going.

I thought auctions would have a much higher turnover but I'm just seeing the same vehicles listed all week with an odd new one added now and then, trouble is there doesn't seem to be any way of just viewing the new additions, I have to go through the entire list every time to check if I have the engine number recorded already?

So again I'm asking for help from forum members here, please see my signature below...

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've added another new engine number prefix "DGB" to VF Series I on the list on page 1.

I've also added a heap of information on the hand-built LS3, LS7 & LS9 motors to the second post in this thread, which HSV W427 owners may find interesting.

The search continues on the various auction sites but it's slow going.

I'm especially looking for info from anyone who has a 6.0L VZ, more specifically an L98 equipped VZ wagon or ute, I feel like there's more to that story that needs explaining?

scottpaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 SSV sport wagon
Engine # 2AB111790203, L77, AUTO, 9/11 MY12 VE11 SSV SPORTS WAGON. What I found interesting about this, if your formula is correct, my engine was # 203, built on the 28th of June. I thought it might be the financial year but that doesn't work either???. It would be about right to find it's way into a Holden in September.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the reminder Scott, I've been a bit slack checking the auction websites for numbers recently but I'll have to get back on it?

I've found a few new examples but I've adopted a rule whereby I wait until I find 2 or 3 of the same prefix before adding them to the list, just in case of typos (been finding HEAPS of them on the various sites).

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
2015 Caprice DGA150220185
2013 Caprice CFP132630911

My MY07 Caprice got re-engined (Both LY7) can get numbers, need a lil time for research

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Bluey, I've updated the list.

I'm only looking for V8 engine prefixes here so the LY7 numbers aren't much use at the moment, maybe someone should start a list for the V6?

Andrew

OmegaUber

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VEII Omega 3.0L
Hey guys, I have a 2010 VE Series II, that has had an engine replacement the new engine number is; LFW*130560015* (yes, it has the asterisks in the engine number). I am struggling to find any sort of info on this, can anyone help out?

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry, I'm only dealing with V8 engines in the above list, most of the V6 engines are prefixed with the actual RPO code anyway, yours for example being an LFW engine, although it does seem strange to see the asterisks.

If you google "LFW engine" you'll find all the information you could want, except that your particular engine number was generated February 26th 2013, (and was the 15th produced that day).

Andrew

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Engine # 7NC061570084, L98, AUTO, 8/2006 VE SS-V Sedan. If your formula is correct, my engine was build #84, built on the 6th of June (06/06/06(insert X-files theme music)) :cool::cool:.