Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Home Audio help

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
ok, so iv had my tv and stereo just sitting in my room for ages not connected and i finally tried to hook it up. Now i have come across a problem with the sound. I have a full HD tv and use my PS3 as my dvd/blu ray player, i run a denon amp into a 5.1 speaker system. I have run a coax cable for sound from my TV - AMP and i can get sound when watching normal tv channels.

However when i play a DVD/GAME etc in my PS3 i cannot get any audio through my AMP. I think its because i run a HDMI cable from the PS3 - TV and that carries both sound and visual. My AMP is NOT a HD amp so how do i get sound from my PS3 into my amp while still using a HD cable for quality visual on my plasma??

Thanks,

nicko

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I have an idea... thought not i'm not 100%

The reason your not getting sound is because the HDMI is a digital signal and the coax is analog... and i don't think the digital and analog audio is bridged in the tv if that makes sense...

Basically, from what I understand if your inputing a digital signal into a TV and the tv has analog outputs you it won't output the digital signal via the analog outputs as there is bridge in the TV between the digital and analog systems (I think)

Anyway... also this thread might help abit.... I skimmed over it and it seems to be related to your issue...

Ps3 outputs? - PS3Forums

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Solution will be a Digital Optical Cable from PS3 to amp. And if your TV has Digital Optical Out (and your amp has more than one Digital Optical in of course) I'd do the same from TV to amp. If that's not an option, then RCA from TV to amp is a better option than coaxial.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Thanks guys, the dig optical cable sounds a little bit cheaper than a HD amp lol.