Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How did they steal my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ex: Holden Calais 2007 VE 3.6L V
Hi Guys! I registered to this forum purely to ask this one question, and the title says it all. How did they steal my 2007 Calais VE V 3.6L?

I just got off the phone with the Police. They said there was no ignition barrel tampering, and the officer suspects that a Key was involved. Problem is, I have the only key still in my possession. I took it to the station for the officer to cite.

The Tow Truck driver did inform me that my steering wheel lock had been shattered (not sure what shattered means, I didn't know they could be broken). No key was found in the car.

How did they get it to turn on!? And worse still, it was found one STATE over! I don't get it! No ignition tampering, no broken glass on the ground. They got into the car, and turned it on, without a key. How!?

I lock my car all the time. I confirm this because if you double hit the locking button on the key the car will lock, and on second press it will sound the horn. The car was locked.

I'm not really asking for a step by step on how they might have done it, but is it possible? I hope they catch them.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
See : "remote control car theft".

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Have you had your car in at a dealer or mechanics for repairs lately? Has been known to happen where someone at the place of repair is giving out keys to be cut to specific cars.

Rexi

Reaction score
Members Ride
The only time it has been to a mechanic was my last service and this guy is a friend of ours. to add insult to injury it was stolen from the front of my mums place.

shall look up Remote Control Car Theft.

What a kick in the teeth this is. If the car gets repaired, which by the sounds of things it most certainly will be, then it's going to take ages to sell. And I just don't feel comfortable driving the car around after these grubs touched all my stuff.

Rexi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Guys - no the car has not been to a mechanic other than its last service. The mechanic is a friend of a friend, but highly doubt he would try to steal my car.

The car was stolen from in front of my mothers place anyway, so it's not like he rocked up to an address he knew of or something.

I looked up the term from Commo Baba, but this only unlocks the car. How did they start it?!

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
The Tow Truck driver did inform me that my steering wheel lock had been shattered (not sure what shattered means, I didn't know they could be broken).

liquid nitrogen into the lock, then hit with hammer, it will shatter.

you can also steal a car by towing it and breaking into it later.

1ntercept

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Executive 5.7 Gen3/VE2 Omega Wagon
True story. Mate just bought cleanest VL turbo ex highway I've ever seen some years back and parked it out the front of his bedroom with window open. Got up the next day and gone..... No noise, no mess and no one the wiser. To this day we don't know how it was stolen or where it ended up??? Questions asked. Original owner? Tilt tray? Magic?
So really, if there is a will, there is a way. Sad for your loss however.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hmmm 1st post on the forum & this person is asking how a VE can be stolen.

I personally wouldn't give out to many details people, as that's a nice way of giving vital information to help people steal cars.

Leave it to themselves to figure out.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hmmm 1st post on the forum & this person is asking how a VE can be stolen.

I personally wouldn't give out to many details people, as that's a nice way of giving vital information to help people steal cars.

Leave it to themselves to figure out.

I agree, while it seems like an innocent question I don't trust "how do I steal a car?" questions.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Hi Guys! I registered to this forum purely to ask this one question, .

If you think we are going to support posts telling people how to steal cars you can think again.

Status
Not open for further replies.