Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] How to fix speedo VS Commodore

strikewon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodoer VS Executive II V6 3.8L
GREAT POST...im another person you have saved time and money!!!!.....ive just driven it around the block about 5 times at first it didnt work but slowly became responsive...still a bit jumpy i will see if it gets better tomorrow..either way it has obviously solved the problem...could the fact that its jumpy mean i should do it again or should it just get better over time...it seemed to be gradually getting better buit i only drove for like 5 mins...im off to sleep....someone get back to me on this asap...CHEERS!!!!

customvlcommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VL commodore(sold regretfully) + VR project
thanks heaps for this :) have replaced 2 dash one harness and 4 sensors and all it was was a tiny break thanks heaps :)

lloyd gibson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Brilliant.....repaired mine as instructed, break at exactly the same place....GM really should fix this........it is bad design, not owners fault at all.

Thanks ever so much for your trouble!!!!!

rolla83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII Statesman
3rd level display

Hey, so how do you fix the 3 level display leds dieing in VS Stato cluster? is there anyone that know how to replace them?

dimo87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
A few months ago the odometer in my vs series 3 ute stopped ticking over and after asking around i was told it could be a broken cog in the assembly. I pulled it apart, found the cog (missing a tooth) and replaced it, everything was then working fine.

however, just this weekend both the speedo and the odometer stopped working, my digital speed alert also doesn't recognise my speed but it does have power because i can set it (it just doesn't beep like it should).

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

dimo87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
speed sensor replacement

after doing a error check, how do i then replace the speed sensor in a 98vs v6?
cheers

trucker273

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
trip compuuter replacement

gday, what if its in your trip comp, mine is missing pixels and can no longer read fuel useage, any ideas wether this can be repaired:idea3:

You would be better to get another unit they are quite cheap on ebay. I had the same problem with mine and spent about 3 hours trying to fix it to no avail. Only problem was had to wait a few days for the mailman also if you go the ebay route make sure you bid on a buy it now one.