Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VE] How to install LED's in Footwell of VE Commodore

vzaccaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz acclaim
trying to do this in my VZ...
found the interior light power cable assuming that this is orange with a black trace? then connected the LED strip to that then the negative to the BCM and lights dont work in sync with interior lights there just on all the time....

what am i doing wrong?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thin as hell because LED's use stuff all power. You could use speaker wire if you have any lying around. just wire the lot up in parallel and as long as you replace your dome lights with LED's too you should be fine.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thanks mate!

Well, ordering the bits shortly he still has to get back to me with proper dome light colours. Ok so the taking the battery off with stop my airbags from blowing in my face yeah? and i might to to jaycar and some wire. From what i've just read, you run one wire from the light down to the passenger side and then run 4 wires from that? is that correct?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have two wires running from each terminal ether side of the dome light and then all the LED strips, like this

screenshot20110824at622.png

A little crude but you get the idea. and yes disconnect the battery and you should be all fine.

Crackers01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Would this work? If i just hooked them up in paralleled with a switch, then i could have the dome + neon's on all the time with the switch to the earth.
0foCw.jpg

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
This would be a cool mod to do but can i keep my normal dome bulbs and still hook up red leds? (i dont like white leds inside) and i don't know which wires i need to hook up to (can someone take a picture?) also could i rub some to the little holes in the side of the door trims using this technique? (puddlelamp :p)

sv6jack

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SV6 Ute
I just put some in my Ute and found there is a wiring harness on the passenger side under the centre console that has all connections you need for this. It taps directly into the dash light circuit. So the footwell lights turn on automatically with your head lights. They turn on when you unlock your car and they dim when you lower the brightness of the cluster.