Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to push the highest numbers on an NA 3.8L Ecotec

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
There is a reason people say put a V8 in it or turbo it. It is because those of us with age and experience can see it is a stupid thing to waste your money on and will only leave you disappointed with the results. Instead of pushing ahead with a fools errand maybe listen to the voice of reason.
I went the other way, had V8s from my late teens through to early 30s and then lost interest in playing with cars. Now I am having a mid life crisis I decided to drop some coin on go faster bits for my SV6 and very happy with the outcome, it would destroy any of my old ford 351 V8 powered cars and for rear wheel HP is higher than the early LS ones I have seen dyno figures on. It is really only the 6.0 and 6.2 V8s that would kick my car to the kerb. So what I have is a low km VE with 7k dropped on it and it has satisfied my speed bug whilst costing a lot less to buy an equivalent km V8.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
There is a reason people say put a V8 in it or turbo it. It is because those of us with age and experience can see it is a stupid thing to waste your money on and will only leave you disappointed with the results. Instead of pushing ahead with a fools errand maybe listen to the voice of reason.
Depends on circumstances and capability. I loved my VS and thanks to this sites classifieds I turned it into a streetable beast for $5k and a couple of weekends, theres nothing disappointing about smoking an LS (or R33) with granny mang. Sure my current ride is a monster demon from the bowels of hades but I still miss that VS any time I think about it. Taken to soon, RIP

11412042_1632317830348215_6542582832132280627_o.jpg

Last edited: