Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Advice

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Just curious, with the LS3 having all those piston slap issues do the lsa engines have similar?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
That's good . Any good first modifications to do not only to the engine but really anything?
Lsa gts will be a whole other level from your vt mate I’d say just drive and enjoy, keep your money for petrol (you’ll need lots of it lol) and maintenance

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
That's good . Any good first modifications to do not only to the engine but really anything?
WRT the LSA, some cheap simple mods I'd do to it without going down the road of tune shop power packages...
Suspension wise, drop 25mm off it with a good shock and spring combo. I.e Bilstein etc. Not Monroe ****.
Harrop intake.
Pull the bimodal fuse.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
Pull out the bi-modal fuse, intake and tune should keep you happy for a while. Those are the only three things I did with my clubby. Plus get some good tyres as suggested already. I had dunlop SP sport max, and they had good wet/dry performance, while being much less noisier than the factory contis, which I replaced prematurely due to noise alone.

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Pull out the bi-modal fuse, intake and tune should keep you happy for a while. Those are the only three things I did with my clubby. Plus get some good tyres as suggested already. I had dunlop SP sport max, and they had good wet/dry performance, while being much less noisier than the factory contis, which I replaced prematurely due to noise alone.

read a lot of people doing headers, exhaust a quick tune and brake rotors upgrade as initial upgrades , and obviously a set of good tires

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
WRT the LSA, some cheap simple mods I'd do to it without going down the road of tune shop power packages...
Suspension wise, drop 25mm off it with a good shock and spring combo. I.e Bilstein etc. Not Monroe ****.
Harrop intake.
Pull the bimodal fuse.
what is WRT?