Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HU57LA - Bagged VQ Statesman V8

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Wow, with that sound system in the boot, your car now serves no purpose other than being awesome ^_^ There's no practical space left AT ALL, and that weight would slow it down so much :p lol

What a fantastic car. I love a bagged Q :)

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
W0w. Very different. Very cool.

LOL @ The fact that thieves can't get a jack under the car! LOL. Awesome.

Damn, all that space for the air tanks!!!

thanx mate... yehh the tanks take up a bit of space, 1 gas tank, 2 air tanks lol...

Wow, with that sound system in the boot, your car now serves no purpose other than being awesome ^_^ There's no practical space left AT ALL, and that weight would slow it down so much :p lol

What a fantastic car. I love a bagged Q :)

haha thanx man.. yehh theres a bit of weight in the car to slow it down, deffinetly not the quickest stato out.... but ive just built this baby for cruizin! lol...

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
And for cruizin, it's streaks ahead of mine :) I don't even have aircon any more ^_^

LOVE your car so much :) (oh, and don't EVER change the wheels)

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
duuuuude, nice as.

i tried to get hu57la when i was lookin for plates but you have it lol suits your car heaps more anyways.

love the wires did you get them from the states?

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
duuuuude, nice as.

i tried to get hu57la when i was lookin for plates but you have it lol suits your car heaps more anyways.

love the wires did you get them from the states?

thanx man, yeh got them in from the states with he help of SIX4CUSTOMS in sydney... no wheel places round here could get them..

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
did you ever find out about the insurance side of things?

also, just interested.. so as far as i understand it you have an adaptor plate that bolts on to your hub, your wheel nuts go on that, and then the wheel slides over that, and is only held on by a screw on spinner/nut whatever you want to call it.

is this correct?

if so, is it possible to get any good looking 100 spokers that are still held on by 5 nuts? because i love these but not keen on the safety/theif side of things, as i dont have bags like you :)

LOVE the car mate, IMO best looking VQ i have ever seen.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
thanx mate...

insurance wise i never really found out, i just said it has 17" mags on it.. lol

and yeh thats pretty much how the wheels r held on, but the only way they will fall off is if u have the adaptors on the wrong sides, because the way they spin on is the opposite to the way the wheels roll... if u get what i meen?
but u just give them a wack with the hammer every now and then to make sure but mine have never come lose b4.. so they r pretty safe as long as u got ur adaptors on the correct side..

and as far as i know there is no bolt on style wire wheels that will fit a commodore, the bolt on types r mostly to fit old cars like MG's and jags plus most r in standard offset and commodores usually need a forward offset to fit.... u could get them custom made i supose but will cost alot..

cheers..

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
hmm yeah, cheers for that. how much did these set you back w/o tyres?

i would love a set of these but yeah, too worried about ********s armed with a jack and bricks. maybe one day if i save the money for bags.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
no worries... they were like 2500 with tyres... didnt get a price for them without tyres..

muzzz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina V6
i drive past this thing every day on the way to work, i still blow out every time i see it. then i see the half arsed "mini trunk" attempt usually park behind it and get a little upset.