Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Identify this Tremec box

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm not actually in the market for a new trans anyway. I was more curious about the one I linked from HM and if they were actually a T56 and not a 6060 as he says, as I thought it might have been a 56 being a trans that suits early VE?
If I ever do buy one I'd probably buy one from Mal Wood as they were really helpful and responsive.

Right now I'm considering another oil change and maybe a bottle of transmission treatment to see if that fixes what I suspect is a weeping input shaft seal.

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
Have you tried ringing Holmart? I've tried several times and he doesn't pick up. I've emailed him and he might reply he might not. He is not easy to deal with, so don't assume he is.
I have not had any problems with my stuff/contact

sounds like he doesn"t like dealing with you for some reason :p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
@losh1971 Did you ever get the number from the top of the box with that camera, for Mal Wood?
So tonight I saw a T56 advertised along with the TUIT number. Turns out the TUIT number is not located on a sticker on top of the trans, it's actually on a tag and bolted to the rear extension housing on the drivers side and Google also confirmed this. I don't think I have the tag on mine but one day when I feel like popping it up on the hoist I will have a look to see if it is there. Shed is a mess so I don't feel like doing any doing anything in there right now until I can clean it up, which requires more shelves and getting other peoples gear out, plus packing down the camper and loading it ready for the coast trip.

Reactions: Lex