Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

If Vader owned a Calais...

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
HSVi = Holden By design. Or so i've been told.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Makes you lazy as you don't even have to turn your head or even look in a mirror when backing up to a wall... just go slow till the beep becomes solid........

Funniest post ever.

Nevermind turning your head to make sure your car is oriented in the right direction to begin with (with appropriate spacing between adjacent cars).

I've been doing this all wrong for years!

Thanks Johnsy!

vol800

Vader
Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice-V
Makes you lazy as you don't even have to turn your head or even look in a mirror when backing up to a wall... just go slow till the beep becomes solid........

It really does! Note that the 'solid beep' is a 21st century upgrade on the ye olde analogue park assists.. you know the one where you just heard a 'crunch' sound to know you were well and truly close enough... and then if you really listened carefully, your wife would hiss in through her teeth and mutter "If it was me doing that..."

Still, I understand Tommo82's logic that new technology shouldn't make us lazy.. (I suppose if it did I would tailgate people because I thought the ABS would bail me out in an emergency brake situation- just kidding of course) but I can't help but feel that park assist DOES make me a little lazier.. still watch for kids of course but for those last few inches you tend to rely on the technology!