Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injector replacement vs series3 roller ute. suitable stock type for replacement?

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
hi, want replace my injectors. advice required on specific type to suit. nothing flash. just a brand/type to suit. thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
List of standard Holden injectors and part numbers:

1713862474177.png

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
hi, want replace my injectors. advice required on specific type to suit. nothing flash. just a brand/type to suit. thanks

Replacement injectors is a mine field, there are a heap of cheap knock off and counterfeit injectors out there on places like ebay.

Genuine is best or otherwise injectors that have the same flow rate as the original injectors will do. Just be real careful you don't end up with cheap copies.

edit: There is another option and that is to replace your injectors with a very similar injector that flows almost the same rate. I believe you will have the Bosch xxxx xxx 973 injector which flows 18.25lbs/hr a common replacement injector is the Bosch xxxx xxx 777 injector used on the VT-VY V6 models. This is a newer EV6 injector (compared to the older 973 EV1 injector) with a slightly better spray pattern/fuel atomisation. The difference in flow is about 2% which isn't a lot, it'll run slightly richer when in open loop but in closed loop the O2 sensors will adjust and you'll not know any difference.

But again, there are a huge amount of 777 counterfeit injectors out there. In the past I've bought used ones from the wreckers and used those. You can also get your injectors tested/cleaned and is a good alternative to replacing injectors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
Replacement injectors is a mine field, there are a heap of cheap knock off and counterfeit injectors out there on places like ebay.

Genuine is best or otherwise injectors that have the same flow rate as the original injectors will do. Just be real careful you don't end up with cheap copies.

edit: There is another option and that is to replace your injectors with a very similar injector that flows almost the same rate. I believe you will have the Bosch xxxx xxx 973 injector which flows 18.25lbs/hr a common replacement injector is the Bosch xxxx xxx 777 injector used on the VT-VY V6 models. This is a newer EV6 injector (compared to the older 973 EV1 injector) with a slightly better spray pattern/fuel atomisation. The difference in flow is about 2% which isn't a lot, it'll run slightly richer when in open loop but in closed loop the O2 sensors will adjust and you'll not know any difference.

But again, there are a huge amount of 777 counterfeit injectors out there. In the past I've bought used ones from the wreckers and used those. You can also get your injectors tested/cleaned and is a good alternative to replacing injectors.
thankyou mate. appreciate your help