Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inspection cameras /Borescopes

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
HOW USEFULL ARE THEY?
ARE THEY WORTH IT?

So 2.5 weeks ago bought an Inspection camera and posted and @Fu Manchu suggested = a good thread topic .
So here it is !!!!

So a little background ( at my 2 previous employers ) I've used ubeaut/bloody expensive ( thousands of dollars worth Borescopes ).
Can't have foreign objects floating loose around fighter jets!!
But also the ability to inspect/ record images in extremely difficult/limited access areas for reports for engineers info or for them to devise repairs for you to carry out.

So ruled out supercheaps one ,
I was set on Total Tools TTIIC300 at $227 ( bigger screen, more LEDs , more angle of view, more resolution ) but salesperson said for what you want = their TTIIC200 at $139 is all you need ( realistically he's probably right but I can't help thinking =you get what you pay for ).

= Does make me think = another thread topic = Tools salesperson advice , is it from actual experience ? How much real product training do they really get?
Photo of mine.

I am wondering ,now about the ones you connect to your phone!!
I was going to post this /photos the other week but = opps didn't fully insert the SD card in the camera doh.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So this arvo ( a new fail ) , SD card install was a win but what I thought were in focus shots were mostly=not !!
In threw INDRD water pump heater tube = can see the cast impeller in bottom R/H corner.

Two shots up 1 side of Buells exhaust

Spare 304 , # 4 exhaust valve=open .

A couple of photos through # 4 spark plug hole .

Alot more focus but way less light.

Need to practise = better focusing !!
Thinking of measuring some wire with my verniers and putting in the spark plug hole to get a reference ( hopefully photo ).
Maybe disturb some of that carbon and see again.

Also have to say with this price point the live image is certainly better than the recorded image ( even considering my slightly crap recordings ).

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So again can't stress enough Live image is certainly way better .
Whether I can manage to get better still shots ( or is this capable of =well don't know ,yet!!
Will it suite = well ( my brief time so far with )
= Yes to check /look for lost tooling= yes , check in cavities= eg sills /conditions =yes!!!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ive got a cheap one like 80 bucks think it was, is handy to have gets to places and few attachments to retrieve items n such, ive also used it under the gutters at home trying to find a leak, not sure if mine takes pics but the live is reasonable if i was a mech a better one would be advised

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Good enough for me. Will pull the trigger on the $139 I think.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Thanks for the heads up. I use a bluetooth enabled camera in my work as an electrician (looking inside walls to locate cables, cable damage etc). I can take quality video and photos with it as well. It works a treat but is too big for getting inside engines etc.

I think a bluetooth enabled endescope/borescope would also be capable of quality photos, video and inspection via smartphone so I wouldn't be put off by a bluetooth option.

Will have to consider one of these down the track.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good enough for me. Will pull the trigger on the $139 I think.

While I really do believe overall ( get what you pay for ) , I'm sure in a few years time will have found I experimented with this more than I actually needed to use it !!

Thanks for the heads up. I use a bluetooth enabled camera in my work as an electrician (looking inside walls to locate cables, cable damage etc). I can take quality video and photos with it as well. It works a treat but is too big for getting inside engines etc.

I think a bluetooth enabled endescope/borescope would also be capable of quality photos, video and inspection via smartphone so I wouldn't be put off by a bluetooth option.

Will have to consider one of these down the track.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Cheers n Beers

I do wonder about the smart phone attachment one ( Am curious ) but also suspect considering similar price =while recorded image should be better , is the camera /therefore live image any better.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
While I really do believe overall ( get what you pay for ) , I'm sure in a few years time will have found I experimented with this more than I actually needed to use it !!

I do wonder about the smart phone attachment one ( Am curious ) but also suspect considering similar price =while recorded image should be better , is the camera /therefore live image any better.
I find the image on the smartphone to be brilliant - I guess the quality of the BT connection will be the driver. Through gyprock it hasn't been a problem and distance is minimal. I guess you can only ask to trial it in the store or at a trade show.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I find the image on the smartphone to be brilliant - I guess the quality of the BT connection will be the driver. Through gyprock it hasn't been a problem and distance is minimal. I guess you can only ask to trial it in the store or at a trade show.

More now I have the TTI one a curiosity thing as to whether its better or not.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8