Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing your new memcal in your VN - VS Commodore (V6 & V8)

elteng

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VP SS
Yeh I did the battery reset twice. She's still blowing a little bit of smoke and I'm pretty as she keeps idling it gets smokier

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Put the original memcal back in and see if there is any change. My one and only bought memcal made the car run like a heap of ****. When I put the old memcal in it ran a lot better and that was with larger inlet valves and a bigger cam. I then had it tuned, cost me about $700 for the tune. So I just wasted about $350 with the bought memcal.

elteng

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VP SS
Put the original memcal back in and see if there is any change. My one and only bought memcal made the car run like a heap of ****. When I put the old memcal in it ran a lot better and that was with larger inlet valves and a bigger cam. I then had it tuned, cost me about $700 for the tune. So I just wasted about $350 with the bought memcal.
Awww so you pretty much just tuned the factory one??

elteng

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VP SS
Probably a tune issue. But double check your vacuum line is connected to the MAP sensor as well. As if that is off it'll do as you described.
Alright thanks man will remember to check that tomoro also. I hope I haven't fucked the motor or anything thing sounded like it had the lumpiest cam lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I believe Mace have changed tuners and since then they have had problems. The old tuner did a decent job but that was over five years ago when I bought one.