Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

intake manifold

2DOGS

has any body out there changed or modified their intake manifold on a vn to vt 5lt and if so what and what kind of gains made. I cant seem to find a lot on the subject as the LS1 is taking up all the room it seems at the moment. I am even thinking of dual throttle bodies

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
yeah i ahve ported and polished my intake manifold and it does flow better but i havent noticed any major difference. i put a larger throttle body(85mm) on and that started to change my mind :D i have been looking for a twin throttle body set up for ages so let me know if you find one at a reasonable price!!! :thumbsup:

S

Statesman355

In my opinion the Starr 90mm manifold is the way to go...I reakon to make proper use of a twin TB set up quite a few engine mods are needed & the power/torque band is moved up the rpm range thus...for street use,bottom end torque & power is compromised..fact!!

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
I read somewhere that the std Holden 5ltr intake system and throttle body set up (single throttle body 65mm) will allowed for power up to 335'ish kw's @ the fly (or around 450hp). this figure was more likely achieved will a high flow filter system.

but even so the star throttle body set up would be the way to go buy fare, if u are that way inclined.

Also if u were going for a ported and polished TB and intake system I’d get my heads port matched. that way u can milk a few more kw's and it will end in a better flow and deliverment of air/fuel to the cylinder.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ive left my manifold stock and port matched/polished/ported my heads and intake and makes a noticable difference on the power side :) still need a chip though.....

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
just wondering if anybody has used or know that mutch about the

Torque-Power dual plane manifolds or their single plain aluminum manifold
they are around $885.00 inc GST to suit EFI.

they seem to be for highly modified EFI engines.
cheers

http://www.torque-power.com.au

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
The standard manifold is pretty restrictive, but the starr modifed one does a good job of addressing the shortcomings of the original. The only issue with the starr one is that big 90mm TB lets alot of air in with small throttle openings so will need some skillfull programming to get best results. Port matching is a very worthwhile practice on any manifold for sure.

As for a std engine i would think that there is not much value in changing maniflold. If it is a healthy 160+rwkw engine well then its probaby about the point of chainging manifolds.

as for the vt being any different in manifold to the rest of the range ive never heard of this. mabee different throttle body and runs MAF but maniflod is the same for all accounts.