Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Internet provider suggestions.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Its that time again, when i'm sick of optus having dropouts every 10 minutes, and now the phone starting to dropout aswell.

What companies do you guys recommend. Keeping in mind i don't have a credit card, so direct deposit needs to be avaliable.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'm stuck on dialup, so I'm not sure whats good for broadband, though I've heard very good things about Internode and iiNet.

I use Dodo Dialup myself, and find it to be quite good for dialup, though I've heard a lot of bad things about their broadband.

Just whatever you do, stay the fark away from Smellstra SmallPuddle (Telstra BigPond).

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Internode iiNet i always hear good things about them.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Stay away from soul. They stuffed me round big time, their service is crap and atleast once a week the net would be out for an hour or so for no good reason.
I hope optus is ok for me i just swapped to them on one of those fusion plans, so i got adsl2+ now.

Have you checked out broadbandguide.com.au and whirlpool.com.au for different plans. There are forums there on those sites you can read up on too.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
TPG are pretty good as well IMO

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
Ive finished my 2nd 24 month contract with bigpond and i have found they are really good.

the first 24 months i was on bigpond cable.

then moved up to cable extreme.

lately i have been looking for another provider with more than 20gig downloads for a cheaper price and matched speed.

i was thinking about going on the optus one that is 100 dollars and you get the home phone also.

ill keep an eye on this thread

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Interesting people recommend iiNet, I've been with westnet for years, expensive but quality service, they have recently teamed up with iiNet and the service is terrible, and customer service went out the door.

TPG (partner of soul i believe) offer ADSL+ with 150gb for like 79 bux, which is well worth it if you download and can get it... BUT they wont match that price with their adsl one plan(slower plan same downloads + price), but im going to try again :)

Stay away from Telstra, especially in rural areas, everyone i know has had nothing but trouble.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ive been with internode for about 3 years now. Only outage I have had is when our power goes out :p Customer service is non existant, in 3 years I have never spoken to someone from there, havent needed to.

Now run a naked dsl2 connection which is bloody fantastic.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Thats the one i got and so far its good, free calls are great too, as it extends to virgin mobiles too and all land lines + 13 numbers, im lovin it.