Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Introduction - 1984 VK Calais

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
If we can't buy the Calais....... how much for the missus.... ;P

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
We gotta get back to business. What's new on the calais?

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
I am not sure of an asking price I mean its in good condition all matching numbers ans tags..has literally no errors mechanically or electronically...I just need enough to help me and the miss start off life comfortably ..and a nice ring of course. .

New on the Calais not much. Just the weekly wash, wax, seal and leather conditioning. Especially due to the club reg its lucky to see half an hour of driving a week so you could say its in a state of storage. I drive like a grandpa when it does come out. .usually if me and miss go for a drive or restaurant etc.

Plans though I want to really clean up the engine bay, touch of paint on parts of the engine.. oh and i am ordering a 1984 Victorian rego sticker and an 80s RACV sticker.

windowless66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Just my opinion but I'd say keep the car. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think at the moment with the price of early commodores you'd be pushing to get 4k. Your hearts in the right place though and if you need to sell it then you need to sell it. But work it out together.
When I was 18 I was "Lucky" enough to to get rear ended in my LX torana I got $1300 to fix the car. Used $250 to fix the car $600 for an engagement ring and $300 for a lawn mower. Luckily she said yes.That was 12 years ago and the Torana and lawnmower are long gone :)
Our wedding too only cost about $2000-$3000 And neither of us wish we spent more, theres so much more in life that needs the money put into it like a house deposit.
Hopefully she doesn't read this but first I'd try and scrape up enough for a nice ring in the style she likes...Shes probably shown you already but if not next time you walk past a jewellers have a browse together and she'll point out the ones she likes. I wouldn't go crazy and get a 3-4k ring, probably wouldn't spend over $1200. And then pop the question!!
Up to you how you do that I did it so badly I'm lucky she said yes. Plus you have to do that stuff your way because its gotta be from your heart :p
Anyway good luck to you both! Hopefully we see a build thread here soon with her calais...you'll need it for the bridesmaids :D

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Afternoon everyone, after a lot of messing around the VK Calais is OFFICIALLY FOR SALE. It is advertised on Gumtree and Carsales however I need to make a proper thread for this forum. You all know what the car is, just read this thread.

I am chasing $10,000 even for the car.
I will only swap for a fair condition VL turbo, BA XR6 Turbo or VN SS.

Car is located in Deer Park 3023. Please call me on 0401 300 795 any time.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Afternoon everyone, after a lot of messing around the VK Calais is OFFICIALLY FOR SALE. It is advertised on Gumtree and Carsales however I need to make a proper thread for this forum. You all know what the car is, just read this thread.

I am chasing $10,000 even for the car.
I will only swap for a fair condition VL turbo, BA XR6 Turbo or VN SS.

Car is located in Deer Park 3023. Please call me on 0401 300 795 any time.

That's pretty steep man, if you're putting it up for that much you're obviously not ready to sell it.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
as the Kerrigans say,tell him he's dreaming,seriously though good luck in getting that much,even half that ispushing it I am sorry to say but good luck anyways

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Yeah probably a little steep, i'd take 8k.