Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is a vy commodore v6 supercharged p plate legal?

Nick.Cam

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vy 2004 v6 series II 3.8
Hi guys,

im sure this has been asked a lot but I’m personally struggling to figure out if a vy commodore super6 is legal for p plate drivers in this day n age. Asking for Victoria.

Cheers for your time.

Mikado

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Commodore Ute 3.8
Hi guys,

im sure this has been asked a lot but I’m personally struggling to figure out if a vy commodore super6 is legal for p plate drivers in this day n age. Asking for Victoria.

Cheers for your time.
Simple solution. Contact your local HWP unit and ask........ They will tell you straight away....

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
AFAIK no forms of boost are allowed in Vic. I have seen on Highway Patrol people being pinched for SC Commodores, jap and Ford turbo and Holden V8s. Whether a person could argue their case in court on a stock L67 would be another matter but as far as police go it's a fine and another driver needed regardless it seems.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
AFAIK no forms of boost are allowed in Vic. I have seen on Highway Patrol people being pinched for SC Commodores, jap and Ford turbo and Holden V8s. Whether a person could argue their case in court on a stock L67 would be another matter but as far as police go it's a fine and another driver needed regardless it seems.
Kinda ridiculous if they aren’t allowed, stock standard they really aren’t anything special power wise a more modern 4 cylinder car would have more power

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Kinda ridiculous if they aren’t allowed, stock standard they really aren’t anything special power wise a more modern 4 cylinder car would have more power
Exactly but they don't look at power figures they categorise them all the same.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hahaha… Google does make it so easy; government websites a little less so :p

> 130kw/tonne unmodified and it’s on the banned list.

Clicking two links to get to the database wasn’t hard but it took me a minute to realise I needed to click on the top left menu bar and select the criteria of Sedan, Holden, Commodore, 6 cylinders, between 1998-2006 to limit the list to so something manageable. I looked at first and last pages of the results only … On page 4 it listed a supercharged V6, so easy isn’t it :p

Result = 2003 Holden Commodore S VY II Auto supercharged v6 is P plate approved

https://vicroadssafevehicles.carsal...;cylinders=6;yearMin=1998;yearMax=2006;page=4

A phone call may be quicker and info is straight from the horses mouth so to speak… not a bunch of net citizens who may all be 1w years old :p Just simple reasoning really;)

And no disprespect to OP but if such self service on an official gov web site is too difficult, other more complex behavioural control may be beyond him and elude him when on the road… Maybe he shouldn’t be in command of 1 & 1/2 tonnes of metal hurdling down the road and a small Fiat 500 may be more appropriate as a P plate driver :p:p:p

PS: Welcome to the forum Nick, in reality most of us are a friendly bunch so dont take the jokes too seriously :p:p:p

Nick.Cam

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vy 2004 v6 series II 3.8
Hahaha… Google does make it so easy; government websites a little less so :p

> 130kw/tonne unmodified and it’s on the banned list.

Clicking two links to get to the database wasn’t hard but it took me a minute to realise I needed to click on the top left menu bar and select the criteria of Sedan, Holden, Commodore, 6 cylinders, between 1998-2006 to limit the list to so something manageable. I looked at first and last pages of the results only … On page 4 it listed a supercharged V6, so easy isn’t it :p

Result = 2003 Holden Commodore S VY II Auto supercharged v6 is P plate approved

https://vicroadssafevehicles.carsal...;cylinders=6;yearMin=1998;yearMax=2006;page=4

A phone call may be quicker and info is straight from the horses mouth so to speak… not a bunch of net citizens who may all be 1w years old :p Just simple reasoning really;)

And no disprespect to OP but if such self service on an official gov web site is too difficult, other more complex behavioural control may be beyond him and elude him when on the road… Maybe he shouldn’t be in command of 1 & 1/2 tonnes of metal hurdling down the road and a small Fiat 500 may be more appropriate as a P plate driver :p:p:p

PS: Welcome to the forum Nick, in reality most of us are a friendly bunch so dont take the jokes too seriously :p:p:p
Hahaha dw mate not a soft cock but cheers for pointing out how easy it is to find out