Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jamming In The Garage

ol smokey

Reaction score
Members Ride
'82 VH wagon, '97 VT wagon, now '17 SS VF2 wagon
Haven't played for nearly 50 years but bought this wonderful bass a few years back. Amazing tones for a short scale. Now if I can get my arthritic fingers to use it I'll be happy.

Attachments

• pj bass.jpg
    pj bass.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 135

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
Just can't look past them for the price too. I just need to eventually upgrade my amp, had the Line 6 Spider 4 for 10 years, love it, but time for an orange head. The ld man has a blackstar box to go with it when i finally get one.
Those Spider 4's were a game changer when they came out..everything you needed in one unit. Some great tones too. I had one..my Dunedin mate has a few of them lol. The weak point with them was the speakers. A line 6 spider head through a decent cabinet sounds really good...even better if its the ( bogner powered ) valve head (mk 2).
Have you had a play on a positive grid spark 40 amp? Lunchbox size but bloody loud and great sound. Highly recommended...any tone you've ever wanted in your pocket via the smartphone app.

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
WOW !

They seem a pretty cool piece of kit.
Yeah they are. What impresses me most is the sound quality..you can use it as a Bluetooth speaker as well..which I do ( as well as jamming with it).
And for what they do they are really inexpensive.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Those Spider 4's were a game changer when they came out..everything you needed in one unit. Some great tones too. I had one..my Dunedin mate has a few of them lol. The weak point with them was the speakers. A line 6 spider head through a decent cabinet sounds really good...even better if its the ( bogner powered ) valve head (mk 2).
Have you had a play on a positive grid spark 40 amp? Lunchbox size but bloody loud and great sound. Highly recommended...any tone you've ever wanted in your pocket via the smartphone app.
Hella late reply I'm sorry, didn't get any updates on this thread for some reason. But no I haven't, haven't been strumming for close to 6 years, so only played on what I have or mates gear which was never too flash.

Got a scare the other day with my line 6, got a new axe to revive my motivation the other day. Plugged her in and the amp went bang. Pulled it apart, sprayed out the electronics with come proper cleaner ($45 a dam bottle). Put it back together and still went bang. Forgot I had a new lead in my schecter case and tried that. Works a treat hahah in need of some new consumables thats for sure

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Picked up a new axe to try and revive my motivation after 6 odd years of not being very active with my music. Only a cheapy, but none the less a beautiful guitar. A copy of my dream guitar at an awesome price, couldn't pass that up.

Squire Telecaster Bullet - Made in china, but dam it plays so nice. Just gotta get my mate (works at Fender which is handy) to set it up for me, as well as my hellraiser.

I am extremely rusty, but still know the old hits. Enter Sandman I could never forget hahaha

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    464.1 KB · Views: 131
  • image0 (10).jpeg
    image0 (10).jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 110

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This thread has actually inspired me to pull mine out on a more regular basis now after not playing for years.

Having a noodle for an hour or two each weekend and learning some new stuff.

Calluses starting to redevelop.

Rust is strong though.