Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Killing my CPU when open in Firefox

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I haven't been on JV for a while, but have just got back onto it today, found the new layout and everything - which looks great.
I have a problem though when I'm viewing JC in Firefox. It absolutely kills my CPU.. I'm currently using it in Opera, which is handling it alright, but I did notice a big jump in CPU usage when I first arrive at the forums page, this then settled after like a second. Same thing with Safari, big jump in CPU usage when first loading, but then settling back down. Google Chrome seemed to handle it fine, not jump at all, and pretty constant CPU usage.

Anyone else having this problem?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I have a Core2 Duo P8700. The problem seems to be gone now though.. So possibly it was something else that was interfering with firefox. But still, whenever I closed the tab with JC in it, the usage would go back down. Open up a new tab and go back to JC, the usage jumped again - to around 50%.

I guess I'll just have to diagnose the problem myself, as it may be another program or add-on that's causing the grief.