Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC photography section

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hey guys,

I decided to ask to have this section set up. Know there is a lot of people out there who like to use cameras etc at all levels.

Many car forums have a similar setup and it can be a less daunting way to ask questions of things you may not be sure of.

Moderation will be pretty tight in the sense of people posting a link to their website and moving on, these sorts of posts will just be removed. Thinking also perhaps we could start technique threads and explain how a certain image was captured, processed etc. Maybe also an image of the week voted on by the JC members?

If section moves along, also might see about getting a local mod for the section that can delete posts etc.

Anyway, enjoy the new section guys :) :beer chug:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Brilliant idea craig!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd love to see a introductory slr type thing. I'm sure they exist on the internet but I cbf'ed looking :)

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Reap, as in the basics on how to use an SLR?

I have a pdf here I made for a friend, will break it up and drop it in if you would like :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

I have a pdf here I made for a friend, will break it up and drop it in if you would like :)

I have a cheapie Olympus SLR and can point and shoot with some ok results. Beyond that I get out of my depth very quickly.

Reaper

tri501

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1

Minux that is an awesome idea mate. I've just taken the plunge and bought a EOS450d and have a basic understanding on the settings on the camera but beyond taking a normal picture i'm out of my depth. Did photography at school but would be interested in how people get their different effects and so on. cheers.:beer chug:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Minux that is an awesome idea mate. I've just taken the plunge and bought a EOS450d and have a basic understanding on the settings on the camera but beyond taking a normal picture i'm out of my depth. Did photography at school but would be interested in how people get their different effects and so on. cheers.:beer chug:

I think that might be more of a how to rather than a how to use dslr etc

Would like this to Minux!!!

Will hopefully get it up tonight!

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
i can see this comin along pretty well minux,
and for each photo posted, shud have info about the shot (shutter speed, arperture, iso, lens, etc etc..)
would be handy for all us noobs:thumbsup: