Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JSTA5L - 98 VS Statesman whipple blown 5 litre

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
Will end up on signs or gmax for sure

Last edited:

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
not much progress as iv been getting ready to move back to perth but few little things have colour coded rocker covers and vt style emgime covers waitiong to go on aswell and a stand up bonnet emblem and wk indicators once in perth will be getting new whells and some engine work

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
so thought id chuck up abit of an update on the car its been 5 years since i have updated this thing lol

so a fair bit has happened since i last posted it is not fitted with the below items

Engine Mods: yella terra shaft mount roller rockers, k motion valve springs, roll master double row timing chain kit,
H284 cam, intercooled 2400 whipple supercharger @ 15psi, 3 core ally radiator, upgraded lifters & push rods, walbro external fuel pump, 2l surge tank

Gearbox: full manual built TH400, 3800 stall

Exhaust: Pacemaker extractors twin 3" system

Wheels/Tyres: 16" VS Caprice wheels & white wall tyres

Interior: VS S3 Factory Leather B&M stealth ratchet shifter, hidden gauges and switches for airbags

FB_IMG_1617638111318.jpg

20191013_112105.jpg

20200822_204652.jpg

IMG_20210927_004019_570.webp

Richelle-and-adam-wedding-444.jpg

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Maaan I'd love a whipple on mine.

I feel I'll end up going a DIY turbo setup though, I can't justify the cost of the whipples :(

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
man i priced all the parts to do a turbo kit the right way and they are honestly much of a much if your not using cheap chinese ebay **** plus going turbo is alot more ******* aroud reloacting and custting things than the whipple and i have 15psi from 2000rpm a turbo wouldnt have it untill 4000rpm both have their pros and cons for sure but in the end it was about the same money if not a little more to build a good quality turbo kit and alot more mucking around to go turbo

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I second that, I would love a PD supercharger on mine. Even better if I could stack it on top of the COME TTB manifold and then reverse cowl hood scoop. Ah, dreams are free!

Very nice car @FORGIVEME and awesome plate too.

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
I second that, I would love a PD supercharger on mine. Even better if I could stack it on top of the COME TTB manifold and then reverse cowl hood scoop. Ah, dreams are free!

Very nice car @FORGIVEME and awesome plate too.

as it is man i had to trim the bracing on the bonnet to fit the 2400 on its standard manifold under the bonnet lol you would need like an 8-10" cowl if you modded to to fit on the c.o.m.e manifold lol

thank you mate

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
as it is man i had to trim the bracing on the bonnet to fit the 2400 on its standard manifold under the bonnet lol you would need like an 8-10" cowl if you modded it to fit on the c.o.m.e manifold lol
So no cowl and just a tower of power!
Now that would be cool!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
k frame spacers will help hide it under...although I think small ones be ok often wondered if thicker 40mm spacers would screw up extractor clearance to chassis rail lips.

That thing would belt the tyres hard on a roll when doing a flash stall speed test!!!!

Them whipples are nice bit of kit for street cars.

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
k frame spacers will help hide it under...although I think small ones be ok often wondered if thicker 40mm spacers would screw up extractor clearance to chassis rail lips.

That thing would belt the tyres hard on a roll when doing a flash stall speed test!!!!

Them whipples are nice bit of kit for street cars.

yeah man spins the tyres at 40-60kmh in a heart beat havent tried it at higher speeds yet lol yeah could have spaced the kframe but the harrop kit is 4k dearer aswell lol