Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// KBAGZ' Impulse R8 Clubsport

R

Risky

Those lights will be handy when you're designated driver. The drunks will be able to get in with ease.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Nice little mod mate! The rear lights make a big difference hay specially at night! Didn't happen to get the idear from my thread did u ;) haha

Ahah. I didn't know you did the same mod. I originally did the mod on my SV6 years ago before I got my Clubsport. I was just waiting for my local supplier to get some decent LEDs in. Basically a spur of the moment purchase, as I'm waiting for other parts to arrive to do the cooling system.

Those lights will be handy when you're designated driver. The drunks will be able to get in with ease.

Aha. I have three rules in regards to my Clubsport. No eating or drinking inside at all. Closed bottles are fine to drink, but only at a stop. Scuff feet before hoping in, as I get sick of vacuuming nearly everyday. And no drunk or drugged people to be driven around.

R

Risky

Aha. I have three rules in regards to my Clubsport. No eating or drinking inside at all. Closed bottles are fine to drink, but only at a stop. Scuff feet before hoping in, as I get sick of vacuuming nearly everyday. And no drunk or drugged people to be driven around.

I don't blame you. Back in my teen years I had mates chucking their guts up after a night on the turps in my cars. Sorted that out with the no drink or drunken people onboard policy. I used to smoke ciggies in my cars up until my cousin ended upside down in a ditch in her Barina when the ciggy landed in her lap. Easier to pull over to the side of the road on long hauls, have a ciggy & be refreshed for the next driving stint.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tada!

Things have been pretty quiet lately, as I've been waiting for parts and being flat out with work, etc. But I finally have all the required parts for the cooling system overhaul to be completed this weekend.

Oh and this is the aftermath of two wheel nuts compared to a new one when I removed the wheels to adjust the handbrake shoes last month. They were damn tight to get off too, obviously because of two stripped nuts but nothing but a quick wire brush on the studs, dab of antiseize, and click of a torque wrench will solve that problem for the future. It was out of adjustment by a few clicks and it just passed roadworthy when I bought it, so I thought why not adjust it properly like the handbrake in my SV6 I done awhile ago.

R

Risky

Looks like the incredible Hulk has been playing with the wheel nuts!

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks like the incredible Hulk has been playing with the wheel nuts!

Just beat up because I had to bash on a smaller impact socket, as the nut was stripped slightly. Come off quick smart then. After the first one, I cracked them with a breaker bar first, then rattled off.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally update time due to being hella busy lately, but here goes.

Completed the cooling system jobbie last month, no photos were taken I was working quickly at night after my day shift.

Parts list:
LS2 dome style water pump: GM19256263

Water pump gaskets: GM12630223

Water pump thermostat housing: GM12600172

Upper radiator hose: Gates 05-1896
Lower radiator hose: Gates 05-1895

Tridon high flow thermostat: TT456-187

ARP LS2 water pump bolt kit: 134-3201

Used some Tridon HS020C 19-44mm and HS024C 27-51mm hose clamps.

Penrite Radiator flush. Demineralised water for top ups and some Penrite 8 Year Red Coolant.
8 YEAR 500,000KM RED PREMIX

So cooling system all done. Pretty happy with it all.

But a few weeks ago I noticed an exhaust rattle at hot idle, and found this.

Rear most muffler rubber had split. So I decided to replace all the exhaust mount rubbers. 5 all up.

Mackay Rubber EXM3000

Mount in hot water to aid in installation. Hot tip fellas! No pun...

Overall, no more rattle. Win win.

That's it for me for awhile now, just been enjoying her. Next up is darker window tint, but still undecided on what % to go. But when the time comes, it'll happen.

'Til next time.

Last edited:
R

Risky

Lol no more rattles for you.

I know the laws in QLD are different to NSW when it comes to tinting windows. Go the darkest legal tint that you can. It'll protect the interior & your eyes (especially late afternoon).

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol no more rattles for you.

I know the laws in QLD are different to NSW when it comes to tinting windows. Go the darkest legal tint that you can. It'll protect the interior & your eyes (especially late afternoon).

Already have darkest legal fitted which is 35%. But in a full leather car, and in one of the hottest towns in QLD, it don't do ****. Ahah.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bit of a update. Nothing much has been happening the past few months. Clubsport's a weekender now basically.

Anyhow, got some new wheels. Genuine Y Series GTS wheels 19x8. Painted gloss black. Brand new tyres. Couldn't pass them up. And the ride quality and comfort compared to the 20in staggered E1 GTS wheels is so much better. Happy with the purchase and change.