Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lets spend some money on my Calais 6.0L

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Hi guys,

I will be picking up a Silver 2007 Calais V8 on the weekend and I was wondering if you had any ideas on what to do with it. I'd like to aim low in the cost range but if anyone has any ideas at all I'd like to here them! The car is completely stock besides a HSV spoiler which is going.

Things I have planned.

Sentator style spoiler. Ordered
VE SSV 19 inch wheels. Possibly painted a grey like the thunder ute colour. (not a fan of aftermarket, I like my genuine wheels and 19's would be my limit) Any other suggestions of 19 inch wheels? i have changed my mind a fair bit here.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Get a custom tune on the Dyno. More power and better fuel economy!

Unless you plan on modding the motor. Then wait until your mods are done before dynoing

Got a pic of your Calais to post up?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I like the VE SSV wheels myself. Try them before paint just to see how they look.
Just drive the car for a while, and then decide on other mods. Cat back exhaust would be my only mod if it was my car.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I'll give it a good clean and take some pics. It's done 53,000km so It's immaculate! It's as stock as can be, besides the leather upgrade.

Mod wise I wouldn't touch the engine I would say I might go to D&T and get a system on it. Unless someone can convince me otherwise? I'm in SA by the way.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
At this stage I'm not too sure on a budget. Lets say under $3. Theres some pretty cheap wheels on gumtree and ebay, some for under a grand. I do like the series one ssv wheels but they seem like they are on most VE's so I might steer clear. The series 2 SSV wheels look exactly like the Calais V 19 inch but they are black in the centre and not silver (could be wrong)

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Good luck doing mods for under $3...;)

:smoking:

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Good luck doing mods for under $3...;)

:smoking:

Thanks champ :yeah:

Smart idea Ian. I might drive it for a while and decide what performance mods I want then.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
You will get a set of wheels, and a cat back exhaust for around the $3,000 mark. Wheels should come in at around $1,600, and an Exforce 2.5" mild steel cat back for around $950 fitted.

Now, just wait for the anti Exforce brigade to arrive. I have 2.5" cat back Exforce on my VE GTS, and no complaints here. They are a reasonable system for the money IMHO.