Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

locating pins on fly wheel

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
just wondering how many locating pins there should be on a manual vr 304 flywheel?? is it just the one?? the one that was in it has been machined off 4 sum reason???????????? just want 2 double check how many it needs before i put it all back together..

FusionX

Reaction score
Locating pins? Never used them and never had a problem not using them

deanos70

Reaction score
do you mean the ones that locate the pressure plate on the flywheel ?
i think there are 3 and they arent cheap at close to $20 each from holden

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
yeah there are 3.
i'm gonna go get my flywheel machined next week. do i pull them beforehand? there look like a bunch of slots they can go in (not just 3) will any eqally spaced 3 slots be sweet to put them back in?

deanos70

Reaction score
i would say equally spaced would be fine, im sure they are mainly to locate the pressure plate and take a bit of force off the bolts as well

i would imagine you will have to remove them before machining might be best to ask who ever is doing that, though i wouldnt imagine it would be any more than a minute or so job to remove them at the time of machining

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
cool yeah they r $18.65 exactly lol and 4 sum reason i have 8mm locating dowles in mine and there is no genuine holden part with 8mm dowles in it they r 6mm or 10mm or 15mm :s bit weird but i just made sum out of 8mm steel rod seems to do the trick nicely. and yeah they have to be removed before u can machine the fly wheel.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i gave them a yank, but not too solidly with some locking pliers, i didn't want to take chunks out of them. but is that how you got the last one out?

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
well i put my new clutch on today and it was a exceedy heavy duty clutch and it dosent have any holes 4 the dowels to go into so i didnt need them after all :s

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
Odd, mine had holes for the dowels. V6 but shouldnt really matter.

Good to hear you solved the shuddering problem though.

yeah i would of thought that it would have them 2 but it didn't. thanks mate yeah im stoked feels like a completly different car 2 drive :thumbsup: