Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan
Hey everyone.

I have a 2015 built, VF SS Sedan, stock apart from sound system. What would be a logical upgrade paths for both importance and affordability with thin etc.

1. OTR CAI and Di Fillipo exhaust l

2 Ger a bug CAM j with stall converter and shift kit (it’s an auto)

3.probably Kaaz diffat 3.75 or3.9 diff with and a tuner car.

Start considering F/I options.

Between step 2/3 get a brake upgrade (already I already have a little, just need more pistons and stronger lines with a bigger. I’ve missed out OEM style at this point.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
otr and exhaust including headers not just a catback + tune.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
As mpower suggested, go with the OTR, Full exhaust and tune. I got an OTR and tune for my R8 earlier this year, which made it even more fun to drive. I was thinking of getting a catback just to make it a little bit more noisy, but the tune shop (DPM) suggested it won't give me anything in term of performance. I decided to get the full exhaust done at a later stage as I am happy with the factory bi-modal set up and the HSV exhaust is not that restrictive as compared to the stock SS exhaust. I am making around 300kw and ~700nm atw with the above upgrades only, and it has made the car much more responsive and lively.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Depends on useage IRT cam, high stall and rear gears

Skid car, daily, weekend, drags, bit of everything

My old VX SS LS1 w/ 4L60E has 4:2:1 with 100 cell and 2.5 twin pipe, a 223 228 114, 2800 stall, transgo shift kit and 3.91 gears and if I floor it of the line it will spin 1st-2nd-3rd with 245/45 17 RE003, it really is now at the stage where drag radials are required to hook up, which for me is fine because it is just a toy and I like a good skid

A good compromise would be to start with a stall matched to your cam and power goals, and, a shift kit, also throw in a big trans cooler in line with the radiator as well, once you have that sorted then look at where your RPM is, this should give you a better idea about what diff gears you want, especially if you do any Hwy miles or drags

Unless, like me, your car is just a toy and fuel consumption and drivablity isn't a real concern

If I was going to do changes to mine I might think about pulling the 3.91 and giving it longer Hwy legs with a 3.4 or 3.7

So:
1. Full exhaust (good coated headers, highflow cats and any old catback that gives the noise you want)-Intake-Cam-tune

1.5. Converter-Shift kit (cam dependant, if you go big cam you may need a converter straight away)

2. Diff gears

Meh, opinions will vary

The important thing is to build around what you will be using the car for

Have fun

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Depending on how much you can afford to spend in 1 go of course I’d go the standard otr, extractors, cats and exhaust with a tune as a starting point if your a bit more cashed up then throw a cam in there so your not paying for another tune further down the track if you do wanna add a cam, if you did do a cam and stall and shift kit as per your option number 2 with the std intake and exhaust it would definitely be a compr