Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just take the pdf factory one in to work and hit ‘print’. :cool:
Hahahaha I did think that but it's 407 pages. I could get away with 10 pages but almost a ream and all that toner I can't bring myself to using. I could ask work to invoice me but just as easy to have a Haines. I won't be doing much more than basic work on the Sprint myself.

If I need something more comprehensive I could go see Office Works and have them print it.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hahahaha I did think that but it's 407 pages. I could get away with 10 pages but almost a ream and all that toner I can't bring myself to using. I could ask work to invoice me but just as easy to have a Haines. I won't be doing much more than basic work on the Sprint myself.

If I need something more comprehensive I could go see Office Works and have them print it.
Just print what you want, when you need it.
That way it's not all at the same time.

After you print the section you want, file them into a binder, for when you print other sections.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've already ordered the Haynes. If I need a more extensive copy I'll just pay. Pinching 10 pages every now and then is still being dishonest. It's public and community funds that pays for my printing at work. I try to limit my printing as it is to save us money.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've already ordered the Haynes. If I need a more extensive copy I'll just pay. Pinching 10 pages every now and then is still being dishonest. It's public and community funds that pays for my printing at work. I try to limit my printing as it is to save us money.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Found out this eve I need new rear indicators for the Sprint. Wife was following me to the in-laws and said my indicators are not visible if you sit behind me. I took a closer look and it would seem a PO has fitted LEDs at some point. So now before I pay $900-$1000 for a service I'm going to need to fork out for factory indicators so they can be seen. I'd say if I get pulled over I could well receive a defect. I noticed yesterday the indicators were flashing quite fast, this would be why. Hmmm, not something I wanted to spend money on in the next few weeks. Glad the wife noticed as I never did. Need to track some down now, and hopefully not through Triumph unless the price is reasonable.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I thought the aim of buying the bike was to save money, as in ‘spend less’? :cool:

They never miss you on servicing with a motorbike. Motorbikes are seen as “toys” rather than something you have to have so your charged accordingly.

My last service on the Z650 was about $500, which it really shouldn’t be for a two cylinder fuel injected bike with SFA to actually do to it.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
So am I !!!!!!!
This time I did decide to check out a few different bikes, ( try and rule out the Buell= got to test some nice bikes ) but my heart was set on it.

Different story in 1997 = my 2nd new bike.
My heart was set on a Moto Guzzi Sport 1100 .
Went into a dealer waited and waited = no cxxt wants to see/serve me =WTF.

It would have been a stretch money wise , so glad in a way, but now wish I had experienced ownership of.

Ended up getting TWO Wheels 1996 Bike of the Year ( the Yammy TRX 850 )= very happy , loved that bike !!
In '79, I had my heart set on a Harley XLCR 1000, Peter Stevens in Melbourne was the dealer.
They let me take one for a test ride...

Ended up with a Suzuki GS1000S, a much better motorcycle.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Found out this eve I need new rear indicators for the Sprint. Wife was following me to the in-laws and said my indicators are not visible if you sit behind me. I took a closer look and it would seem a PO has fitted LEDs at some point. So now before I pay $900-$1000 for a service I'm going to need to fork out for factory indicators so they can be seen. I'd say if I get pulled over I could well receive a defect. I noticed yesterday the indicators were flashing quite fast, this would be why. Hmmm, not something I wanted to spend money on in the next few weeks. Glad the wife noticed as I never did. Need to track some down now, and hopefully not through Triumph unless the price is reasonable.
Can you just change the globes from led to normal globes?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Can you just change the globes from led to normal globes?
Usually they sell cheap sealed LED indicators, and you just bin one if it breaks. It would unfortunately likely be a whole new indicator for lost.
Genuine might be cheap enough (then again, maybe not)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This^^^^^. The actual issue is they are sealed LEDs and can not be seen during the day.

• Sad
Reactions: Lex