Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG LED stays orange on some starts

holdenenjoyerpleb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE dual fuel
Hey there, 2009 VE dual fuel here.

so, the LED stays orange on some starts and the LPG won't work, i can still hear the solenoid clicking even when this happens so i don't think that's the issue.

when i wiggle the sensor that is attached to the lpg bracket thingy on the engine and start the car up again, the LPG comes back functional with the LED on red or green with tank level as per the switch position.

any clue what is going on with the system? is this a simple fix by replacing that sensor?

thank you.

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega V Commodore V6 Dual Fuel
Yes, I have had to replace the press. temp sensor on my rail some time back.
Please search (LPG VE Dual Fuel) - there is heaps of stuff to read through including where to buy.
Leigh

holdenenjoyerpleb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE dual fuel
Yes, I have had to replace the press. temp sensor on my rail some time back.
Please search (LPG VE Dual Fuel) - there is heaps of stuff to read through including where to buy.
Leigh
Hi Leigh, thanks for the reply,

i've seen your previous reply on another post and that is the sensor i was referring to, i'm trying to find a retailer within melbourne as i can't find any online, i've tried searching for Rob Mercer in cranbourne but google says they're permanently shut, any advice on how do i find that sensor at this point?

thanks again.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Check the google search below then you can click on a supplier near you and call them for the part you need ;)

IIRC legally you can fiddle with the low pressure side but anything high pressure requires you are licensed :oops: