Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just thought I's throw up some positive feedback I've just had on a 3" twin Manta system on a VZ Clubsport. After a lot of research and discussion he opted for this system and is happy with his choice. Taken from the email he sent me today.

"I’ve been meaning to get back to you with some feedback on the Manta system I bought from you a while back. I have done a few kilometres in the Clubsport with the new system fitted (dual 3” hotdog centre in stainless fitted to an LS2 VZ Clubsport). As you know my car has mods – small cam, over the radiator intake, long Pacemaker 4-1 extractors and 3.91 diff gears – all up 305kW at the wheels.

I’m really happy with the system and the decision to go with the hot dogs in lieu of centre mufflers. It’s definitely on the loud side with a “full angry” note once a few revs are on board but the sound is really nice – it really turns heads. My wife reckons its loud but “nice loud” and thinks it sounds awesome which is a fair endorsement.

It actually seems to be louder in the cabin of the car at idle than once moving. When cruising at low rpm/low throttle the tyre roar is louder than the engine/exhaust so can’t complain there. At around 1800 – 2000rpm it gets a little bit louder in the car – I suspect it’s a resonant point for the system with my setup. I wouldn’t say its “boomy” – just that the system gets louder/a bit more noticeable inside the cab within this rev range and then quiets down either side. It definitely does not drone – I had it out on the freeway last week and at 110km/h it’s barely louder than the quiet dual 2 ½” system I had on previously – past 3k it’s a different story though. I have done a bit of driving around in built up areas in all speed zones – 50, 60, 70, 80 90, 100km/h also – all with no drone. My car has no crackle or that empty pipe gurgle/popping noise on back off which some systems seem to give – I suspect the tune has something to do with this as well as the system design.

Overall, whoever designed this system knows their stuff. I imagine it’s very hard to have the best of both worlds in an exhaust system – quiet when you want it to be but loud enough to be enjoyable when giving the engine some exercise. I’ve been disappointed previously with systems on other vehicles provided by self-proclaimed experts – either too quiet (a nicer sound for sure but not much louder than stock) or with more volume but noticeable drone within a certain rev range. My personal opinion is that this one is just right and is perfect for my application.

I really appreciate all your help with the system – it’s just what I was after and the sharp price was a real bonus."

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Love my manta, Great bang for buck performance.....the 304 sound like an old iron V8 should.

Thanks NAAF

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I run Manta on all our cars as well, the missus' 80 series has the 3" Manta, although I made the middle section deleting the muffler, my Rangie has a Manta muffler and hotdog, the Senator has a Manta front section with custom tail pipes by me, the missus' burnout car has twin 2 1/2" straight pipe supplied by Manta and made by me, the only car that doesn't have Manta is the missus' VN, that has a stainless MagnaFlow (another good brand) muffler on a straight through 2 1/2" off extractors running straight gas. (Tune by Greenfoam). Enough plugs there?