Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maxpeedingrods coilover

Figjam66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore sedan international
Hi guys and girls I’ve only recently inherited a VE sedan that needs some TLC so I’ve purchased a set of front and rear maxpeedongrods coilover and I’ve been told that I may need to get a engineer’s certificate for them as it’s a modification of the original suspension does anyone know if this is true or not I live in NSW if that helps . Thanks in advance

Attachments

• FB5ACD4F-E35A-4DB0-8CDE-E67660DC0056.jpeg
    FB5ACD4F-E35A-4DB0-8CDE-E67660DC0056.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 105

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Best route is to call your transport authority and ask. You shouldn't need to give details or rego, but enough to get the answer you seek.

Figjam66

Reaction score
Members Ride
Best route is to call your transport authority and ask. You shouldn't need to give details or rego, but enough to get the answer you seek
I was on there web page and there is a few different clarification on what is a modification and this is in the middle of yes you need too and no you don’t. In one part it says that any modification to suspension that is different too the original set up you do and in another section it says that improvements are ok as long as it doesn’t change the car at all, I guess as you said it may be better just too make sure with them or I might just talk to a VSCCS inspector

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Can’t help with the legality side of things mate but do a search of maxspeeding rods coil overs before you go fitting them to your car, they are known to be dodgy

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
MaxSpeeding rods is like a tribute concert, only no one told you it wasn’t going to be the real band.

Figjam66

Reaction score
Members Ride
Please don’t tell me that I’ve already purchased the bloody things I’ve done some searching on forums to see the feedback from the product and so far the only real concern I have is the top nut coming loose time will tell I’ll see how they go I can always buy other ones if there ****

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Personally I’ve not had a great experience with their products. The alternator I purchased didn’t even last 100km before it died. Just poorly manufactured.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The price seems too good to be true.

Anything under $1k for a full coilover kit front and rear is insane. I'd be very wary of the build quality and the safety of something that cheap.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had issues with an alternator as well. Also returned a knock off power steering reservoir that was welded by a student home economics teacher.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’ve seen a MaxSpeeding rods sponsorships destroy someone’s credibility. Well. Maybe not that extreme but certainly made people laugh and roll eyes.
pakistani-fan.gif

A racing driver got bagged out and MindieJ I think it was that copped some heat from viewers of his YouTube channel.