Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

memcal question:Multiple maps on one chip

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
looks like ill have to have a play with it all, try a few things out.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think the safe thing to do is to run the HSV 3800 program in various states of tune, 4 of them

jamieaus

Reaction score
Website
www.japada.com.au
Members Ride
VN
Sorry guys I am using resistors, I just need to check over my work before I post it in future, I have made changes and fixed up the resistors and the wires rerouted to the correct pins on the 4511, I think I have it right this time.

I changed the picture in the above post to reflect the changes (So there was no wrong info here for people to make mistakes with.)

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
hi can some one do this for me for a vs v6 auto with one stanard chip and one performance chip for running with a supercharger?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
would be possible, but we'd need a 29c010 eprom, which is bigger to hold the vs auto map, and i have no experience with vs memcals.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hakhawk said:
would be possible, but we'd need a 29c010 eprom, which is bigger to hold the vs auto map, and i have no experience with vs memcals.
VSV6 auto is a 1mbit chip , you would need an 020

Rob

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
well, there ya go, hence why i have no experience with vs auto memcals. i was thinking the vr autos, theyre 512 arent they.

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
ok well if someone does get it going let me know asap

jamieaus

Reaction score
Website
www.japada.com.au
Members Ride
VN
I am just learning this myself sorry mate, as I don't have a VS I am concentrating on learning things for my VN at the moment, If you can get the preformance code and the original that you want to run organised and I will make up a PCB for you as I am doing mine that is the best I can do.

Could be a couple of weeks away as I have heaps on at the moment though got to get my car on the road.

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
Let me check I've got this right

Hi everyone,

I want to run two maps on a chip for my VR II manual V6, 1 stock (my sister drives the car, and it's often filled with 91) and a tuned version for when I know what's in the fuel tank.

So, if I understand correctly, all I need is a single 4K7 resistor and a SPST switch.

Check me on this - using a 27C256, I should lift pin 27 (A14), then add the 4K7 resistor between pins 27 and 28. Then add the switch, such that closing the switch will ground pin 27.

If I understand correctly, in this configuration, having the switch closed will select the lower address range, and having it open will select the upper range, yeah? So I should have the chip set up so that the stock tune is on the upper range, so if the switch fails, it defaults to the stock tune.

Have I got it all straight?