Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods on my vt s1 v6 6 speed auto exe. wagon

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Friday went to the platers & picked up the correct alternater cases for the vt.

Been to the the platers 3 times now, & NO airbag light!

Saturday reassembled the alternater. Sunday fitted it.
20231127_133756[1].jpg

Looks a lot cleaner. Happy with the result.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Friday went to the platers & picked up the correct alternater cases for the vt.

Been to the the platers 3 times now, & NO airbag light!

Saturday reassembled the alternater. Sunday fitted it.
View attachment 260749
Looks a lot cleaner. Happy with the result.
G'day Lex and all.
Firstly, Lex: Love your work! You approach faults in a manner that guarantees you find the actual source of the problem.
You said "Correct alternator cases for the VT" . Are they unique? I say yes. I bought a second hand alternator from the wreckers and it wouldn't work, and wouldn't fit my VX. The cases are different. You have to use a spacer on the (can't remember) VX or VT. And, once installed, the batteru light wont go off, even though the alternator is charging at 14.5 according to the diagnostic dash display.
Next: Your issue ( a few pages back) with comms. If you disconnect the ABS and everything works, it's the ABS unit jamming the comms LAN. There is a fix for this. I seem to remember this being thrown around on here a while back. If not Injectronics has a great explanation on their website.
You show in your pictures about the air bag light, a "P" displaying on a graphic display. I assume this shows what gear you have selected? Is there a write-up in here about that?
Thanks Lex.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
"P" displaying on a graphic display. I assume this shows what gear you have selected
Thats right. Lets you know which gear you're in.
ABS and everything works, it's the ABS unit jamming the comms LAN.
When scanning the abs, there is no error codes.

When ohm testing the wire between the DLC & bcm, if l remember correctly was the red & black, there didn't seem to be any connection between the dlc & bcm?
More testing is needed. Its going & no more airbag lights, So, other things to do.

I haven't been trained in any of these things, so it takes me some time to anything.

I've got my engineers attention at the moment, so working on a report for him, so he can tell me what is needed for VASS rego compliance.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing wrong with bit bling lex she looking good
Thanks.

I used to be a metal polisher. Now with the bling already on there, l want to do more.
BUT that means pulling the top end apart & having the car of the road for awhile.

I'm basicly lazy, so couldn't be bothered!hahahaha ;)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
You said "Correct alternator cases for the VT"
I was given an alternator a few years ago. I was told that the guy thought it was of a vx supercharged engine.

5 years later l had forgotten it was of a supercharged engine.
The rear cases are different. SC case the regulator faces towards the drivers side of the engine. Standard v6 the regulator faces towards the inlet manifold.

I've had both mounted & working. The one you got from the wreckers may have had broken wire connection from that plug for the regulator?
There's 2 wires, l think 1 goes to the pcm? the other goes to the cluster (battery light). Maybe that wasn't connecting? Thats why the battery light was on?

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
I was given an alternator a few years ago. I was told that the guy thought it was of a vx supercharged engine.

5 years later l had forgotten it was of a supercharged engine.
The rear cases are different. SC case the regulator faces towards the drivers side of the engine. Standard v6 the regulator faces towards the inlet manifold.

I've had both mounted & working. The one you got from the wreckers may have had broken wire connection from that plug for the regulator?
There's 2 wires, l think 1 goes to the pcm? the other goes to the cluster (battery light). Maybe that wasn't connecting? Thats why the battery light was on?
Thanks Lex.
Re the alternator, I ended up fixing the original VX one. New brushes and bearings. Been ok for years.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have also polished the throttle body, don't know if you can tell from the pic of the alternator?
Nope, need pics or it didn't happen. :D

:oops::oops::oops: I just seen it in the posts above. Looks good.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex