Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro speaker options

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Maloo, VY Berlina V8 wagon
I'm looking at replacing the stereo in my 2002 CV8 Monaro, can somebody please clarify a few things for me.

What's this about the rear 2 sets of speakers running at 2ohms? From what i can find it looks as if the rear seat speakers and the rear parcel shelf speakers are running at 2 ohms?

Can i fit 6 by 9's into the rear shelf? Currently is has what look like 6" speakers, not the cut-out holes for 6 by 9's as the sedans do.

I'm considering just replacing the head unit and speakers for now and probably fitting a 4 channel amp in the future, so will use the factory fitted wiring until the amp goes in. If the back 4 speakers are run in parallel though, i'm assuming i will have to disconnect the speakers either sides of the back seats?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Not sure about all that but I recently replaced my front speakers and tweeters in my Monaro. Disconnected the rear speakers but left the woofers in for the time being. Those woofers don't handle well, they start to distort with about half volume with an aftermarket head unit.

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks dude, did you fit the tweeters where the factory ones were?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
thanks dude, did you fit the tweeters where the factory ones were?

Hmm sort of..

I had to make custom mounts/trim to make it fit. Tweeters are like 4" so there was no way they would've fit properly. You could probably get away with normal tweeters in the stock location though.

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
cool thanks for the input

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anybody fitted 6/9's in the back of these?