Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mr Bodykit front lip FYI - fitment issues VF

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I can vouch for Skylarkings knowledge of consumer rights and associated consumer groups who are there to support you.
His advice was as good as our states consumer affairs dept and was able to fill in the gaps they were not allowed to as an impartial adjudicator.

He helped us recover the entire cost of our then new Hyundai Santa Fe that wasn’t repairable over a 12mth period. We now have a car far superior to it for the same money. Thankyou @Skylarking.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
When you put it like that….
I’ll ask them one more time and if no joy I’ll start the process…
I’m not only out the purchase, but also the painting and I’ve now got a few holes in the bottom of the cars bumper where we started fitting it…nope - you are 100% right.
Cheers. Appreciate the kick up the bum to do something about it.
No. Don’t. Just go to consumer affairs now. You've called. You’ve emailed multiple times. You don’t have the result you are entitled to in law. It’s not acceptable that something doesn’t fit correctly.

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
No. Don’t. Just go to consumer affairs now. You've called. You’ve emailed multiple times. You don’t have the result you are entitled to in law. It’s not acceptable that something doesn’t fit correctly.

[/URL][/URL]

I’ve walked “the path” a couple times, and I’m usually a bit more hands on with screw ups like this - it’s just at present I’m dealing with a few things making it very difficult…

Attachments

• IMG_6979.jpeg
    IMG_6979.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6973.jpeg
    IMG_6973.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6977.png
    IMG_6977.png
    334 KB · Views: 34
  • Sad
Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, they are in Queensland, so here’s their consumer affairs to contact as well.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’ve walked “the path” a couple times, and I’m usually a bit more hands on with screw ups like this - it’s just at present I’m dealing with a few things making it very difficult…
I’d hate to see the other guy.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_6556.jpeg

This came up as the website loaded. It shows a correctly fitting VF lip spoiler. It also shows with enough detail that it fits to the edge on the right and f the bumper.

Then if we go to the product description…

IMG_6557.jpeg

That fits correctly on the left.

IMG_6558.jpeg

Close up on the left corner.

IMG_6559.jpeg

Close up on the right.

IMG_6560.jpeg

Again showing the left.

IMG_6561.jpeg

IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_6563.jpeg

Now that write up gives the buyer a lot of confidence that the product fits and fits well. It eludes that other manufacturers are the ones that make poorly fitting products. I have not seen in the ad, a note with an asterisk that says the product won’t actually fit to the edges and not look quite right.

Yours does not fit well and does not go all the way around the bumper.

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
View attachment 267338
This came up as the website loaded. It shows a correctly fitting VF lip spoiler. It also shows with enough detail that it fits to the edge on the right and f the bumper.

Then if we go to the product description…

View attachment 267339
That fits correctly on the left.

View attachment 267340
Close up on the left corner.

View attachment 267341
Close up on the right.

View attachment 267342
Again showing the left.

View attachment 267343
View attachment 267344

View attachment 267345
Now that write up gives the buyer a lot of confidence that the product fits and fits well. It eludes that other manufacturers are the ones that make poorly fitting products. I have not seen in the ad, a note with an asterisk that says the product won’t actually fit to the edges and not look quite right.

Yours does not fit well and does not go all the way around the bumper.

Absolutely agree - I’d almost go as far as saying some photos were taken at angles to give false impression and then when confronted, the real fitting photos came out as “these show you it doesn’t fit”.
It’s hard to explain as well - that even if I was ok with the shorty spoiler, there is no way to prevent the spoiler from sitting high / proud. If you look at the attached and then try and picture where this would sit on the underside of the bumper - ? It literally has to make it sit up 3-4mm high…

Attachments

• IMG_6952.jpeg
    IMG_6952.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 31

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
This came up as the website loaded. It shows a correctly fitting VF lip spoiler.
That's listed as a VF Series 1 spoiler, now post the VF Series 2 spoiler the OP purchased.