Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mr Bodykit front lip FYI - fitment issues VF

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I had a 3D scan app on my phone. I watched a HP Tuners module on 3D scanning and they recommended an app for it. It was good fun scanning random things. I never printed anything from it. I have deleted the app and now can’t find it.

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Wow, so this has raised some excellent points and whilst I’m recovering from surgery I’ve done a bit of research.

One thing that most ppl have over looked - if the design IS to fall short, that’s fine, it is what it is…I believe that they would win that argument.

But by coming up short, the lip that is meant to normally lock around the end of the bumper, is now not allowing the spoiler to sit flush - the lip itself of say 3-4mm high, makes the rest of the spoiler sit high up until the next screw point. This gap creates vibration and will pull the screws. I could potentially sand down the lip for a flush fitment.

So, looking at ACL and seeking some additional advice - re “minor” faults which this issue would fall under.

My advice was along the lines -.Would the consumer have purchased the product, knowing now, what has come to light after receipt of the product? No - I don’t believe too many people would, based on their advertising statements. Refund should be offered.

Next question - would a reasonable person, paint a part from a supplier without test fitting first? Given the statement re fitment, the expectation of a flush fitment, yes it would be reasonable to paint said part first, because trial fitting to full specs in the case, has the potential to damage the parts via subsequent figment.
They being said - going the supplier for painting costs would be a stretch.

So as it stands - me body kits have offered a refund, but they are not aligning with ACL in that I am responsible for shipping. So I’m going to go back to them and ask for a shipping label - because I’m already down $120 for painting.

I shall keep ppl updated.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
But by coming up short, the lip that is meant to normally lock around the end of the bumper, is now not allowing the spoiler to sit flush - the lip itself of say 3-4mm high, makes the rest of the spoiler sit high up until the next screw point. This gap creates vibration and will pull the screws. I could potentially sand down the lip for a flush fitment.
Ok, I know what you mean so in actual fact, the spoiler MUST sit at the ends of the bumper to clear the lip for a flush fit and then the centre section is too short and that is the complaint, not the ends and Mr B is screwed!!.

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Ok, I know what you mean so in actual fact, the spoiler MUST sit at the ends of the bumper to clear the lip for a flush fit and then the centre section is too short and that is the complaint, not the ends and Mr B is screwed!!.
You got it !!! If that lip was flush - there’s no argument. But the fact it almost clicks in place behind the bumper (which it doesn’t reach too) means it cannot fit properly.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
You got it !!! If that lip was flush - there’s no argument. But the fact it almost clicks in place behind the bumper (which it doesn’t reach too) means it cannot fit properly.
Yes, so Mr B's sales description doesn't show the lip that's intended to locate the spoiler behind the bumper end. The photo of the white VF bumper with the spoiler falling short of the bumper, wasn't fitted properly either. The locating lip then makes it a valid fitment complaint!

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Yes, so Mr B's sales description doesn't show the lip that's intended to locate the spoiler behind the bumper end. The photo of the white VF bumper with the spoiler falling short of the bumper, wasn't fitted properly either. The locating lip then makes it a valid fitment complaint!
Absolutely!
When I took this stance with Mr B - they “pretended”? To not understand and replied that they didn’t follow what I was referring to (several times)…so I broke it down in pics and steps to make it crystal clear and advised - you can’t have it both ways with the fitment lip, it either clips in behind bumper OR is short and sits high as a result…they then changed tune and said oh well, if that’s an issue for you, just cut the lip down so it sits flush…errr. Ok.

The refund Ive been offered is $215 - cost of item. The item actually cost $245 delivered. So if I pay another $40 to send back, I’ll be out $70 postage plus $120 paint - $190 for nothing….
So unless they are refunding everything, I might as well keep and modify and just let as many ppl know as possible - just be aware that “ Mr B stuff might not be as good as you expect…”

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Based on what you’ve outlined with fitting issues, then a $245 full purchase price refund ( with Mr. B carrying cost of return shipping) + $120 for consequential loss due to painting seems reasonable :cool:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Absolutely!
When I took this stance with Mr B - they “pretended”? To not understand and replied that they didn’t follow what I was referring to (several times)…so I broke it down in pics and steps to make it crystal clear and advised - you can’t have it both ways with the fitment lip, it either clips in behind bumper OR is short and sits high as a result…they then changed tune and said oh well, if that’s an issue for you, just cut the lip down so it sits flush…errr. Ok.

Good stuff, by finding a defect in the product they know they are screwed when it comes to acl.

For them to tell you to cut it shows they acknowledge the fault and if you have that in writing(email) from them they are double screwed lol.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I had a 3D scan app on my phone. I watched a HP Tuners module on 3D scanning and they recommended an app for it. It was good fun scanning random things. I never printed anything from it. I have deleted the app and now can’t find it.

i use this little bit of kit to scan things, works in both turntable and handheld modes and if you were really keen you could scan an entire vehicle lol

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
you can’t have it both ways with the fitment lip, it either clips in behind bumper OR is short and sits high as a result
Sounds like a stuff up to me and the due to the fitment lip, the spoiler is intended to reach the end of the bumper. Mr B has paid out for the production of it and got the measurements wrong, knows it doesn't fit as intended but sells it regardless, "she'll be right!"