Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MW1081's VX Series II Executive Sedan

mw1081

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6 Sportwagon
Name: Matt
Model: 2002 VX Series 2 Executive Sedan
Kilometres: 70,000km!
Colour: Tungsten Mica
Bodykit: None
Engine Type:3.8L ECOTec
Suspension: Standard
Wheels/Tyres: 17" VE Series 2 Berlina Wheels
Interior: Cloth with Sheepskin Seatcovers, SS Leather Steering Wheel
Stereo: Pioneer Mechless Bluetooth Headunit
Future Mods: Lowering with either FE2 or SL... Open to suggestions!

Handed down from my late grandfather.

WP_20151212_09_32_55_Pro.jpgWP_20151212_09_32_35_Pro.jpgWP_20151212_09_32_29_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

mw1081

Reaction score
Members Ride
With Pics now

D

devilly

personal i like that ride height :) easier to work on motor e.t.c. less of a sore back :)the first thing i would pay out for would be a spoiler if you like that sort of thing :)

very nice and straight

mw1081

Reaction score
Members Ride
So... bit of an update, the old girl was involved in a front left collision.

Nothing major, just a little ding in the front quarter panel and the reo bar is pretty much done.

Trying to decide if I should get a SS bar or get the Exec bar resprayed...

Question to you guys, if I do get an SS front, does that mean I'm going to have to get side skirts and rear bumper as well?? Just a little low on funds to get a whole kit!

mw1081

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh and soo want to get the springs done. The ride height just annoys me.. Does that mean I'm going to have to get new shocks as well?

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
You can usually get away with just springs. Depending on how low you go the shocks might
bottom out and destroy them selves,hence why they use shorter shocks on replacements.
When the shocks are bottomed out the car drives like **** too where bumps are concerned.

I'd be saving my pennies and looking for a calais front end and headlights. Or staying stock.

Would look nice stock, lowered with a proper set of pirsuit rims.imo

Without the sideskirts from an ss the front bar might look out of place. has that
lip at the front that wont match the car without the skirts.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I would be looking for a Berlina front (same as Calais but wihout holes for the foglights) But you would need a grill and headlights as well. If you stay with the exec bar then I'd suggest at least colour coding the front and rear lip and the sideskirts, as the black strip looks very old fashioned these days.

If you lower it then yes you need shocks. If the car still has the factory ones then they are probably stuffed, and you'll feel the difference by replacing them. People will say you can get away with standard shocks, but it will ride like crap. and the when you do replace the shocks and struts, you're paying labour twice. There are nice KYB and king spring lowering packages on eBay for around $600, I'd be going for one of them. make sure you get a 4 wheel alignment afterwards (make sure to specify 4 wheel, or they usually just do the front) as the camber will wreck your rear tyres very fast if not adjusted.