Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] My CD is stuck - How do I remove security screws

SirLance

VX2 (Hyper - Yellow)
Reaction score
Website
www.myrc.com.au
Members Ride
VX2
Hi

This is my first post, I have searched the forums for "removing security screws" but man it must be a huge database cause I cound't find the answer.

Anyway my CD is stuck and after getting the trim off I could not get the CD/radio player out. I rang holden and they said yeah ya need special key tool :( then he stated it was $130 just to debug the problem. I told him the problem - stuck CD the he said $88 to remove the CD.

I am hoping someone can inform me how to remove these screws so I can save my $88 oh and a couple of hours.

Troy

SirLance

VX2 (Hyper - Yellow)
Reaction score
Website
www.myrc.com.au
Members Ride
VX2
Read the forums and found the answer. Made up two 10 cm U frame wire prongs (out of coathanger) - inserted both U prongs deeped into the holes and presto out comes the radio.

Ok I think I work out my CD is stuff, should I replace just the CD player OR the whole radio - where is the best place to get hold of an old VX2 radio - anyone have one they are getting rid off or should I hit ebay etc - please PM me.

Troy
Troy

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
It it's anything like the VY radio it shouldn't be too hard to disassemble. The hardest part is making the "tools" out of a coathanger :)

SirLance

VX2 (Hyper - Yellow)
Reaction score
Website
www.myrc.com.au
Members Ride
VX2
Maybe my CD braking was the best thing-I'm getting a new DVD Dash CD GPS ...

After making up the a removal tool, removing the CD player and found why it wasn't working as it has some broken bits.

Then while looking on ebay I found a heap of in Dash DVD/GPS/TV/MP4 :) WOW OK so now 1 small questions has turned into a heap.

I am looking at purchasing the off ebay 7" IN DASH CAR DVD IPOD PLAYER LCD Digital TV DVB-T GPS - eBay, Navigation, GPS, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 28-Oct-09 02:06:52 AEDST)

First question - what do people reckon, is there anything better for price etc?

Besides the classic gotcha's, ie DTV-B doesn't work or GPS requires something additional can anyone tell me the what to look out for ?

With the install of these units I have two main questions:

My VX2 has a double DIN. However I assume I will need to replace my current sterio bracket and replace it with a new bracket ?

My other quesition is that I wish to integrate the sterio with my steering wheel controls, mode volume etc. I was told that the unit I am looking at works comes with built in 2 wires can-bus steering wheel control interface, and I have to check if your factory steering wheel control uses can-bus. If not try pac-audio.

My question here is does anyone know whether the Commodore VX2 (2002 model) have the steering wheel controls on a can-bus ??

Thanks
Troy