Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My humble 2007 VE Berlina

BADTR1P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Also before I forget to ask there's an lpg smell while idling/stopping at lights while lpg is in use. It also seems to use more lpg than I expected it to use. Is this a sign of running rich?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Also before I forget to ask there's an lpg smell while idling/stopping at lights while lpg is in use. It also seems to use more lpg than I expected it to use. Is this a sign of running rich?
No it’s not a sign of running rich.

More likely it’s a sign of a gas leak. its probably somewhere after the converter, either a loose clamp, leaky gas tube or leaking injectors.

PS: Factory LPG systems have a LPG liquid line filter and a LPG gas filter, both of which require periodic servicing. I think the injectors themselves could also have a mesh wax filter which if it exists may also need servicing.

Whatever the case, to service LPG systems you need a special license and not every mechanic has such.

Last edited:

BADTR1P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hmm okay doesn't sound great. Not sure how the smell wasn't picked up during rwc unless they only run petrol for it.. will contact an lpg mechanic and see what's going on.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’d expect a RWC must examine all fuel systems for their safe operation. So if there is a leak with the LPG system, which they should have checked, then that’s on the company that did the RWC to resolve the defect at their cost (if I understand the rules correctly).

Obviously time limits apply, maybe the 30 day validity period of the RWC?

Might be worth a chat with the registration authority to find out the subtleties of rules around RWC and finding defects post their issue… And once you’ve found out what the rules are you can have a chat to the supplier of RWC ;)

(Not sure which state you live in but a quick google search finds the following VicRoads doc which clearly states both fuel systems must be checked during RWC ;)

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/-/m...business-and-industry/lvt/testingtimes04.ashx )