Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My mild v8 for VR SS

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Hi, I am currently building my new engine for my 304 and currently have:
Rebuilt 304
70mm Throttle Body
Cold air intake
Heads have been cleaned up with some porting and de-shrouding around the bigger intake valves.
Custom midrange Camshaft from a local manufacturer
HSV Headers
Big bore single exhaust - I want twins but it may have to wait a while yet.
The chip will start with the current mild custom tune and I will attempt to add a custom tune which was preloaded on another chip

At this stage I am not including roller rockers, or twin exhaust system as that may come a bit later.
I will get some pics up a bit later as it looks just like any other VR SS :)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Sounds like a nice build.
(should Admin possibly move this thread to the 'My Ride' section??)
is the second youtube vid in your Sig the car with it's current engine?? what time does it run? auto or manual?

It will be good to follow this thread if you update the build progress and results.

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Hi yep thats it on the right, and as I bought it, 14.8@92mph.
I am hopeful I can get this moving a lot quicker soon

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The 202 sounds insane.

The 304 sounds beefy too.

Very nice cars you have there

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
The 202 sounds insane.

The 304 sounds beefy too.

Very nice cars you have there
Thanks, I never had the 202 dyno'd but if it were on slicks it should have been good for 12.7-12.8, I usually ran a mild tune on the street which would have been about 13.8-13.5 as if you watch that video when it passes the half track cones it was doing around 85-88mph and 8 something seconds depending on the traction off the line. BTW this was with my mates borrowed M21 close ratio racing box(the oil in it cost more than my M20), as he loaned it to me so I could crack a 12 as the best I could manage with my 8 year old $80 M20 was 13.1 as the gap between 3rd and fourth was huge and it would fall off of the cam slightly. as the cam was strong from 2000rpm but it was like someone switching a supercharger on at 4000rpm :)

The Commodore is actually going to be my tow car although I will use it for fun days as well.

I have another weapon that's taking a while to build but once I get the Commy back on the road I want to get it finished over summer. Its a Vauxhall Chevette which was sold in many parts of the world but this one was given to me, its been completely stripped out and its a club car come drag car come burnout car. It will be powered by a turbo charged 202 that has been set back into the car by some considerable way to mid mount it for weight distribution, it will run a Hilux rear end and wont be anything spectacular power wise unless I decide to throw some coin at it as its basically using spare parts from my son in law's and my garage but that's another story ;)

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
The Billet cam is nothing too serious but healthy enough for me.
Lobe Separation 108.5 Cam Deg.
Intake lift 0.43275 Inch with 1.5 Rockers
Exhaust Lift 0.43350 Inch with 1.5 Rockers

Head-camcombo.jpg

Valve-1.jpg