Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Altezza headlights and LED driving lights

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I have finally got my Altezza Headlights and have installed them into my car. I have also added some LED strips to look similar to the audi lights. I've posted a video on youTube as it's too hard to take a decent photo.

I have been hesitant to post it on here because of the s*** canning I could receive, but oh well, you'll either love it or hate it.

YouTube - Video080.mp4

The only problem is the left hand parker which is a different freakin white! Not happy about that. Also the right hand LED strip doesn't appear as bright because for some reason the bumper sits like 1mm higher there, so that cuts out a little bit of the light, which you can tell in the video. But other than that I'm pretty happy with the look :).

Denno

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
I like it, well done mate. :thumbsup:

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
100 % improvment over the dicky green you had.

Are the strips stuck to outside of the altezzas or the inside?
Would be an idea to have a switch for them as im not sure how legal that would be.
I have the same strip in my glove box and i know their hell bright.

mug1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman V8
that looks different for a holden

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
haha, the green parkers? They've been gone for quite sometime now, just haven't got around to updating my avatar here lol.
The strips are on the outside of the light. Didn't want to go sticking my new headlights in the oven just yet lol.

You think I might have trouble with cops? I figured that they're white, they're practically in the headlight, so I shouldn't have a problem... I did think about a switch, but it started to piss down with rain, and with the strong winds, the rain was being pushed in under the carport, so I had to fix everything up pretty quick.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Put me down for a set.lol... Looks awesome mate :idea3:

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
sorry guys, youTube is being gay at the moment. Won't let me log in to see what's happening either. I'll post back here when it's working again.