Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New Commodore

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Hey, been on the forums for a while, had a vx back in NZ, and moved over to Ballarat, VIC. Just got a a new one, so thought I would post it up.

The plans so far are:
-De Badge
-Lower it
-SSV Tail lights
-Berlina Driving lights
-twin exhausts
-Speaker upgrade

Image178.jpg

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
What about a tint? Black cars look much better with a nice and dark black tint! :)

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
What about a tint? Black cars look much better with a nice and dark black tint! :)

......Sigh, that is it tinted, would have loved darker! got it done yesterday, those were the darkest I could go legally. 35%, they look darker out in the sun, but didnt look to flash in the dark when I took the photo

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
How much did it cost you to get it tinted? Im going to get mine done soon but dont know how much it'll be. (not sure if its different on what type of car you have though...)

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
......Sigh, that is it tinted, would have loved darker! got it done yesterday, those were the darkest I could go legally. 35%, they look darker out in the sun, but didnt look to flash in the dark when I took the photo
Oh, i forgot how dark 35% is now that i've got 17.5% on mine LOL I know my mums VR Berlina has 35% and it looks quite darker, however its had the tint for months now. And tint does usually get darker after the first few weeks.

Also, when lights come through the front windscreen it reduces the tint's dark look.

Well, good choice then with getting darkest legal tint, you should have no problems with the cops, and when it gets a bit darker will still be a bit darker because of the darker interior.

How much did it cost you to get it tinted? Im going to get mine done soon but dont know how much it'll be. (not sure if its different on what type of car you have though...)
Costs $265 here in Victoria for a whole Sedan to be tinted at any percentage you want at the Tint Professor.

If you want a thread with a couple of pictures with the different percentages shown, check out http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vz-holden-commodore-2004-2006/87727-so-my-cars-being-tinted.html

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Yeah I can recommend the tint professor, thats who did mine, didnt take longer than 2hrs, and they did a really good job. They now have shops in Ballarat and Geelong too, so easy to get to throughout Vic.