Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new ride :)

R

Risky

I'll look into it. Cheers for the info.

Might get some & use it on the leather lounge.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Well these arrived today :)
(There is 4, I was just too eager to start fitting them)

So gave them a quick polish and now we have this

And the back door in original spec for comparison

I also nicked the chrome window trim from the statesman doors I have hanging around. I really think the chrome works very well with the paint and wheels.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have once already used chrome vinyl tape which looked alright. The only issue is it would crack after a year, but that could just be crap tape.
I might chrome tape it then cover it in a clear to "lock it in", I already need to repair the rubbers so could be feasible.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I have once already used chrome vinyl tape which looked alright. The only issue is it would crack after a year, but that could just be crap tape.
I might chrome tape it then cover it in a clear to "lock it in", I already need to repair the rubbers so could be feasible.

A decent tape such as 3M should last 5 years. I don't know if they do chrome though.

D

devilly

your getting it looking good :) chrome works good on your car :) depends on the look you want,i was thinking side skirts with the cut away bit being silver would look like a good match up :)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers.

Not sure on side skirts, I want this car to be subtle. As much as possible while still looking good.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well.... I bought another leather interior. This time from a VX series 2 Calais, and the leather is dark grey in better condition then the shale seats so might just do the dark grey leather.

Story is he was about to crush the car, and I couldn't let a very nice set of leather seats go to the crusher, so I bought them ;)

Now I have a few seats too many, anyone want some?

Oh, and also scored the matching door trims and a set of satin inner door handles. Now to decide if I want the polished chrome look or the satin look.

R

Risky

If I'd known back in late Nov '15 I would have put my hand up. Keep hold of them as someone will want a set.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I quickly cleaned up the new grey leather seats and gave them a quick condition then installed the fronts into the Berlina.
I was all prepared to make a new wiring loom from the drivers seat to the passenger for the power, but turns out it was already there. So took out the velour seats and replaced them with the leather ones.
If anyone is interested in order to move the fully electric seats forwards and back, etc I used a mini jumpstarter as a power pack and clamped the ends onto a mini wiring loom that plugged into the seat. Works very well and you don't have to worry about adding power to the car until its all sorted.

Also added some more Statesman chrome to the outside windows. Going to install the leather door trims next.

Pics

The foam bolsters need to be replaced, might use my other torn seats for that, and they need a bit of softening but I like them. And makes the car feel much nicer to drive around in.