Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VF SSV

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
I went down to Horse Power Factory in Dandenong(vic)and they gave me a ride around the block in the Walkinshaw car they have there. Same kit except for CAI which was over the radiator but rest is the same, It is bloody AWESOME! Way better sound than my 2 1/2 Di filipo on the VY SS. From what I hear they use Di filipo in the W310 kit. It's a stepped 3 inch into 2 1/2 inch to keep the noise and drone levels down while still giving a nice deep burble/rumble. I'll be going for the W310 kit as well rather pay the money and have it covered under warranty. Highly recommend it, I couldn't notice any drone at all compared to my current VY but the guy said there is a slight drone at around 3000rpm, No big deal really for daily driver you won't be doing 3000rpm that often, Probably not at all if you have auto as well. By the way they disable the AFM if you have auto as that's what causes most of the drone when AFM kicks in and it's running on 4 cylinders.

Here is what it sounds like if you are interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLxp_yszX8g

Thanks heaps man. Been trying to find a video all day haha. Yeah mines the manual so wouldn't have a problem with the 3k drone. Well that makes up my mind for sure now, W310 kit first up. Yeah the covered warranty was the big ticket for me too.

Wow very nice car. Love the black.

Thanks mate. The pictures really don't do it justice with the red pack, just pure awesome. Still have a wide grin every time the garage door rolls up and all I see is the front end haha.

Appreciate all your comments. Brendan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cheers, You won't regret it! Price only hurts once ;)
Plus it will be pumping out a bit more torque than an SV enhanced clubsport R8!

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
What's the deal with the stupid 16th-birthday bow? Is this how they deliver a brand new car at the dealership? I've never bought a brand new car obviously.

Seems to be the latest craze all round, Drove a mate down to buy his wrx a few months back and had the same thing, Massive bow tie on the bonnet which on the rex took up the whole bonnet and covered the windscreen completely, Looked a little ridiculous in my opinion. lol
Plus you don't want any chance of slightest scratches or marks when you have just spent a crap load of money on a new beast.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Seems to be the latest craze all round, Drove a mate down to buy his wrx a few months back and had the same thing, Massive bow tie on the bonnet which on the rex took up the whole bonnet and covered the windscreen completely, Looked a little ridiculous in my opinion. lol
Plus you don't want any chance of slightest scratches or marks when you have just spent a crap load of money on a new beast.

If they put a bow on my car, I would have said thanks for the gift.

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
Cheers, You won't regret it! Price only hurts once ;)
Plus it will be pumping out a bit more torque than an SV enhanced clubsport R8!

Yeah that's true. Sitting there debating it with yourself won't make it any cheaper haha.

First thing then is lowering. As many people know the VF doesn't exactly sit well, what are your suggestions? I'm just thinking SSL fronts and rear King Springs due to the fact I can get them dirt cheap through work. But still unsure at this stage...?

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Yeah that's true. Sitting there debating it with yourself won't make it any cheaper haha.

First thing then is lowering. As many people know the VF doesn't exactly sit well, what are your suggestions? I'm just thinking SSL fronts and rear King Springs due to the fact I can get them dirt cheap through work. But still unsure at this stage...?

I went with kings, imo it doesn't noticeably upset the factory ride at all... In fact it feels more solid through the corners, however I will be upgrading to coilovers after my cam package, I just wanted the height sorted asap and couldn't wait :p
Check out my garage for pics if you want to see it.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Can i suggest something?

The Maggie Heartbeat kit. I've always hated the look of most valley mount chargers, but the Maggie looks so good.

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
I went with kings, imo it doesn't noticeably upset the factory ride at all... In fact it feels more solid through the corners, however I will be upgrading to coilovers after my cam package, I just wanted the height sorted asap and couldn't wait :p
Check out my garage for pics if you want to see it.

Thanks. Car looks really nice with the black wheels. Awesome stance what type of kings are you running? Just SSL like I was looking at? Wouldn't happen to have any before and after side on shots by any chance?

EDIT: What part of QLD you from?

Can i suggest something?

The Maggie Heartbeat kit. I've always hated the look of most valley mount chargers, but the Maggie looks so good.

Yeah that was the other option, although in the back of my mind haha. Have to agree with you on the looks that top cover looks pretty good. Quite a few months to make up my mind just hard to move past a Walkinshaw warranty upgrade haha.

Cheers, Brendan.

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
King springs seem to be a common choice on other forums as well.
Or you could get Walkinshaw to lower it as well when you get the W310 pack. They have lowering kits also. ;)

Just picked up my redline today after 2 1/2 month wait, Was worth it!
What an awesome ride, Smoother than I thought the FE3 and low profiles would be.
Typical Melbourne weather if it ever stops raining I'll get out and post some picks some time.

michaellevy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
PHATVF

I have the Pedders Coilovers going on this week. To go with the Maggie Heartbeat and Head and Cam and Exhaust ......... and the rest.

Thinking of going with the Mono bloc or Ultimate brake upgrade too just to finish it all off.

Will post pics and stuff when it comes back.

Then you will have your before and after shots.