Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
small update,

My MACE 1.9:1 rockers arrived today. wasted no time pulling things to bits. unfortunatly found a milkshake forming under the rocker covers :( worse on the drivers side which doesn't have a breather on it. oil in the sump is clean :) could possibly be from the short trips to work and back which doesn't heat the engine/oil properly :( will fit new intake gaskets again to be sure anyway

been having a few issues with vibrations at high revs, certainly won't hit the limiter anymore :( can't see any damage up top. so i'll pull the intake manifold off again to check the followers/cam for damage. this is possibly the result of a major over rev a while ago. hopefully nothing serious. i have new springs to go on the engine which is been rebuilt to suit boost.

the spare engine has been stripped and is ready for a rebuild, heads are been sent of shortly for machining, cam will be sent to Kelford cams for a regrind to suit the blower also.

may also do a compression test just to be sure the head gaskets are fine

still have a job but things are still **** at work.

later

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Intake manifold is off, lifters are out and i can't see any obvious signs of damage, still need to rotate engine and check the cam lobes.

intake manifold gaskets look ok too, no signs of coolant leakage? i did however forget to put sealant on the intake manifold bolts. although the bolt holes in the heads are blind holes and don't go into the coolant galaries some did feel loose :bang:

will re-assemble to long block and do a compression test.

edit: pulled the plugs (they all look good, nice and clean etc) turned the engine over and no missing cam lobes :)

also some pics of the new MACE 1.9:1 roller rockers next to the standard buick rocker. The roller rockers are off the genIII V8 engines :)

Attachments

• 1.9 Roller rocker Vs the standard 1.6 rocker 001.jpg
    1.9 Roller rocker Vs the standard 1.6 rocker 001.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,710
  • 1.9 Roller rocker Vs the standard 1.6 rocker 002.jpg
    1.9 Roller rocker Vs the standard 1.6 rocker 002.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,405
  • 1.9 RR to retainer clearance 001.jpg
    1.9 RR to retainer clearance 001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:

joe seinfeld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN II Berlina
hey mate can you post up a pic of where the end of your CAI tubing is? aka where the air is being forced in from?

thanks heaps

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate can you post up a pic of where the end of your CAI tubing is? aka where the air is being forced in from?

thanks heaps

Sorry mate thats about the best pic i have of the front, it comes out just below the radiator panel (just can't see it in the pic)

Attachments

• power steering cooler.jpg
    power steering cooler.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 346

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1.9 rockers are in.

had some trouble with the threads for the rocker bolts, ended up pulling it all out again and re-tapping the threads to clean em out. all good the 2nd time around.

just stopping for lunch and then it's time for a compression test

Attachments

• 1.9  roller rocker install 004.jpg
    1.9 roller rocker install 004.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,654
  • 1.9  roller rocker install 006.jpg
    1.9 roller rocker install 006.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 2,429

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
holy **** bro, shes amazing! this car just keeps getting better and better

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
Cheers mate, though you were a ghost :D still slowly working on it

just been away for a wile sortinmg out life n all that jazz got made redundant and now doin a motorsport corse thru mit goin well, also expecting a son which is cool, i find if ya work on things slowly i find you normaly end up goin fast in the end :D

good to see the project coming along! how much power you gettin now?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Argggggg

well that was a big **** up. i now have a sum full of fuel and still no pressure readings. i removed the fuel pump relay. however i forgot about the 2nd fuel pump circuit through the oil pressure switch. winding the engine over for the 1st cylinder the fuel pump turned on :bang:

just been away for a wile sortinmg out life n all that jazz got made redundant and now doin a motorsport corse thru mit goin well, also expecting a son which is cool, i find if ya work on things slowly i find you normaly end up goin fast in the end :D

good to see the project coming along! how much power you gettin now?

no idea mate. not had the Gtech out in a long time. but with these rockers i would expect to be well over the 120rwkw and closer to 130rwkw

joe seinfeld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN II Berlina
Sorry mate thats about the best pic i have of the front, it comes out just below the radiator panel (just can't see it in the pic)

ohh ok yeh thats what i was thinkin of doin aswell, just wasnt sure if the bottom bar would block all the air from flowing through?

or is it in line with all those small gaps in the bottom bar? do you know if it gets decent airflow?

thanks dude