Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Torana Rebuild

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Aaahhh, Memories. I remember when those things were in car yards for under $4000.
Better than money in the bank now, All I can say is BLOODY BEAUTIFUL mate, its a credit to ya.
Even the ashtray with SLR on it is worth more now than some people earn in a week, although they are making Fascia,s and repo.
:beer chug:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Damn, that's and investment :D

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I saw your update on the ute thread.

Based on that there MUST be updates for this one !!!!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Yeh, it has been a while. I don't really come on here anymore, last night was the first time in months.

Anyway, as has been already said, I sold my ute. Some of the proceeds have gone towards finishing this car off to the standard I want it. First on the agenda was to finish my 9" diff, then do the interior.

The diff is almost finished. The centre is built, 3.55:1 gears, Detroit locker, new 1350 series yoke, new bearings, seals and crush tube. The housing is all done aswell. I have shortened, a few diff housings over the years but this is the first I've built from scratch. I started with a brand new pumpkin and second hand banjo tubes from a HQ ute. Jiggled it all up, welded it together and welded the torana brackets on. All that's left is to smooth the welds out, paint it, fit the axles and throw it at the car.

Now, to the interior. Most of the parts are here apart from the new seat skins and door trims as they're being made. I've got all the vinyls, (roof liner, cargo trims, kick panels and door tops) all new black plush pile carpet, dynamat, underlay and all new door handles. Once the seat skins and door trims turn up I'll make a start on it.

It's been a bit on and off with this car as I've got another torana I'm doing some working on for a friend that's a paying job (paying jobs come first. Then to throw a spanner in the works, I hit a kangaroo in our statesman a few weeks ago, so I've been busy repairing that. As per usual, it's snowballed, it's getting a repaint at the same time. It got painted today, so hopefully I can put it back together this weekend so I can start working on the toranas again.

I have driven a the car a couple of times on a trade plate. It's pretty good to drive, motor feels strong and everything appears to work as it should. It's pretty noisy with not much exhaust on it, but that'll get fixed in due coarse. Once the interior and diff are done, that's about it. Use it and enjoy it.

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
It's taken me a while, but reading through this thread....... wow just wow!

The amount of time and effort poured into this is just astounding! You have created a truly magnificent machine and should be extremely happy with it :)

Your skills are certainly top notch, amazing to see the build progress and see the attention to detail you've put into it.

It's shame this thread has kind of died a bit.... any updates from the last 5 months? Interior finished? Exhaust?

It would be a shame not to see it 100% done.

Once again top effort mate, absolutely awe-inspiring, well done!! :)

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Looks great "greeeen is nice" but personally i liked the yellow