Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VE Omega

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
I paid Holden $2415.80 to get the car back. It.was a month.and OFT were too useless to help. Now I am just going to sell Volvo and pay for repairs to ve or sell ve and keep Volvo.

Smiddy_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
When my timing chain stretched, it only cost me $900 for it to be fully repaired by Holden.
On the 06/07 model V6 Ve's they changed the timing chain size, which then 07 onwards was changed back.

GMH have admitted this is a fault and even if the car isnt under warrently (like mine, 102,000kms) they do it as a warrenty job.
If you don't say anything they try charge you fully, but bring this up they will be sure to drop the price considerably!

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
I already paid it. I just wanted the car back. Unfortunately I am leaving Brisbane in 4 weeks and either have to fix ve or leave it behind.

Smiddy_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I already paid it. I just wanted the car back. Unfortunately I am leaving Brisbane in 4 weeks and either have to fix ve or leave it behind.

damn, unfortunately i didnt see this earlier. How much is there in repairs? Worth repairing or just sell off for parts?

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Look at the part on it, it's about $2500 to replace the engine. But I need to sell the Volvo first for this.

Smiddy_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Look at the part on it, it's about $2500 to replace the engine. But I need to sell the Volvo first for this.

:/ that really sucks, hate when new cars have such major problems like this on them.
Ive spent well over $4000 on mine fixing it, though at the moment im in the process of being refunded by holden up to 50% for their errors.

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
I really want to get my ve up and running asap

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
I would too, its a very nice looking car mate.

Thanks mate, ive spent a fortune on it. it's **** that its been unused since early January. if I didnt have to move soon id have more time. I just dont have the room to take 2 cars, tv, ps3 and like 70 ps3 games with me. Just taking clothes. I just dont have the time.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Any updates tim... I completely missed this page lol.